Skip to content

Is there a way to limit number of threads by proxy?

I just wondered if this is possible?

Reason I ask is that a lot of private proxy providers limit the number of threads per proxy.

So if I could limit the number of threads per proxy for my private proxies, I could specify to use private and public proxies for submission and increase threads to whatever my VPS can handle - public proxies could be used for the overflow.

Perhaps this is already achievable, but I tried checking both public and private for submission and got a warning from my proxy provider.

If it is possible, could you please let me know what options to check that could achieve this?

Thanks

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Proxies are handled one after another. So if your provider allows 10 connections per proxy and you have 10 proxies, you can set things up to run at 100 threads. 
  • edited April 2015
    Thanks @Sven,

Yes, I understand that, but I guess I wanted to know how GSA handles it, so if I set to use both private and public proxies for submission, how can I limit the number of threads on my private proxies?

So, say I have 10 private proxies allowing 10 threads = 100 threads, if I enable public proxies as well, can this enable me to run GSA at 200 threads since I am using public proxies as well?

I currently have an automated list, so I want to get the most links possible from there without buying hundreds of proxies. Otherwise, perhaps it's just better to use public proxies so I can run at high thread levels to get the most out of my automated GSA list. But I know they are slower, so was trying to figure out how to optimise for downloading the most links to my submitted and verified global lists.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited April 2015
    depends on whee you use the proxies for. If you use both oublich and private for submission, then it is randomizing first 50% private / 50% public.
  • Thanks @Sven, I will experiment a bit with different settings.

Would be a nice feature I think, to be able to limit threads by proxy, or have more control over that side of things ;)

Thanks again
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    @saffie

One of the most difficult things to 'control' are threads. Believe me, it would lead to more problems than actually solve problems.