Skip to content

GSA SER 9.71=> new: ability to delete all email messages (Nice Upgrade for Catchall Emails)

catchallseocatchallseo www.catchallseo.com <- Disposable Emails NO MORE!
Before Upgrade!

Using catchall email, one big issue I see happening is the emails just piling up in the accounts and then SER has to go through all of them when verifying links. Yes setting in SER to delete after a certain time takes care of this, but only partially for those who run small scale link building projects.They sometime set up 50 projects per day, run them, get their link qoutas, and then delete all projects ready for then next round....

Now with that operation, after they delete all projects, there are no longer commands coming from SER to delete all left over emails on the accounts, the time set on the project may have been 2 days, or even 1 day... If a full 24 hours has not passed, so there are tons of emails left over in the email inboxes that never get deleted, and after running several hundred such operations there will be 1000's of leftover emails that SER will constantly be forced to try to check for verification links hence slowing down the process.

After Upgrade!
Now I notice email checking at login... Right after a projects start I see the emails get checked and deleted based on the settings: Delete Emails Older than X Days ! : )  An immense increase in verification speed rate is seen!  Just reset it 45 minutes ago and here is the result.

Here are the engine selection snapshot! =)

Thank you very much Sven for take this into consideration! :)

Comments

• Yes, this is awesome
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    @sabahat doesn't catchall email use one master account to check all? it doesn't save created email accounts to project...
  • catchallseocatchallseo www.catchallseo.com <- Disposable Emails NO MORE!
    @donchino yes it does have master account... ?
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    So I don't see what this changes for catchall emails... There is no new emails saved to project with catchall
    edited March 2015
    @donchino

It deletes each and every email (messages) on server (from that master account) upon starting/restarting a project based on user specified setting. i.e. Delete emails after every X Days!

Before this upgrade GSA SER took a lot time just going through bunch of emails to search out verification email. It didn't use to delete older emails particularly for those who run small scale link building projects.They sometime set up 50 projects per day, run them, get their link quotas, and then delete all projects ready for then next round....

Now with that operation, after they delete all projects, there are no longer commands coming from SER to delete all left over emails on the accounts, the time set on the project may have been 2 days, or even 1 day... If a full 24 hours has not passed, so there are tons of emails used to be left over in the email inboxes that never got deleted, and after running several hundred such operations there would be 1000's of leftover emails that SER would constantly be forced to try to check for verification links hence slowing down the process.
  • edited March 2015
    I don't think that is awesome, because if you use catch-all for many project, they delete all emails not had time to be verified
    @useruser1

Not all emails! They will only delete emails older than X days <- This is specified here:

• I'm noticing v9.71 verifieds are Amazing.

@sven - it seems to be running as if its scheduling which I dont like?

So going from 1 project to the next?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    scheduling what?
    Amazing Results so far guys ! =)

• @sabahat
    wow, that is high LPM, how did you make it ?
    @JackLien

i) Using a fresh verified list. Here is how...
    ii) Using catchall emails with 9.71

100 Shared Proxies from Mexela
    CB + Spamvilla + Eve

Regards =)
  • @Sven,  if I use Catch-all and "Delete All messages" checked, this remove all emails from inbox or remove all that "To" = email (email used in registration)
    it removes really ALL emails.
  • edited March 2015
    @Sven, Is it possible to change the logic as I have said? Catch-all is necessary to use for all projects
    :)>-
    edited March 2015
    It doesn't hurt other running projects. It only deletes email older than X days as an option in GSA SER,
  • edited March 2015
    @sabahat, I do not mean this option ("X days") I talk about Delete All messages checkbox
    Sorry but there is nothing more to optimize on deleting emails.
    @useruser1
    Why should one check this option? Just configure to delete emails older than X days. It will only delete all those emails which are older than X days. Let me know @Sven if I am correct on my verdict?
  • @sabahat, because even one day going to a lot of letters in a inbox and check it slows

@sabahat correct

@useruser1 then enable the option to delete verified urls as well. The rest being in inbox is propably spam anyway.

• @Sven, I'll try to explain:
    suppose 2 projects use same catch-all domain. Project-1 enters the mail server and finds a link to verify and remove all emails from server, including a link for verification of project-2. Do you understand what I'm talking about?
    @useruser1

Please don't check this => Delete All Messages (Even if not related to a submission done)
  • The rest being in inbox is propably spam anyway. Yes but for one day this recruited a large number of spam messages and it is a very strong effect on the checking email server process
    I know what you mean @useruser1 ... Just listen to @sabahat...he seems to have understnad all ;)
  • When I use Catch-all in 20+ projects I get error: "POP3 Login failed - -ERR Your mailbox is already locked"
    propably because it allows only one login at a atime. Set the option for all projects to wait like XYZ linutes to access it.
    edited March 2015
    Recent Update with this incredible version! :)

LPM = 360 (Links Per Minute)

VPM = 269 (Verified Per Minute)

Update after 20 minutes:

• What is the ideal number of email account created by project?

Does it depends on the email provider used?