Skip to content

Export CSV Cell/Field Data to Individual Text Files

Not SER related, but I'm sure someone will know of a tool that can do this. I've been trying to find one all day and failed. Found a few that are almost good enough but then can't spit them out into txt files. 

I have datafeeds that I want to spin the content of one field of a csv file ie the description of products. I want to use WordAi bulk spin so I need each article to be in individual txt files, then I can zip and bulk spin them. Is this possible? Is there a better way. I don't need the product description to be readable, just unique. 

I'll give my big Drupal list to the person who can point me in the right direction.

Comments

• Off the top of my head, could you insert a blank row/cell between each row/cell containing the description(s), copy and paste the whole thing into one text file, bulk spin it, then paste it back in using the 'paste special' feature (assuming the blank row doesn't disappear when it's spun, in which case, maybe insert some kind of marker instead)? I don't know how to make excel do this off hand, but it will be able to bulk insert blank rows, etc..

There's probably also a way to do it with TBS too.....
  • Hmm good shout I'l give that a whirl thanks buddy.

I'm sure adding a marker/blank space will be doable, which then as you pointed out it just needs one (mega) txt file. It's 437k words in total, which WordAi can handle. I don't own TBS never liked the first ones and always preferred others, but if it can  do it then I'll buy it.

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited March 2015
    No worries, always happy to help mate. :)
  • Yes, done it. Thanks for the idea @2Take2 I used Notepad++ and when you post the csv data in it automatically goes to new lines. I just needed to find and replace \n with \n\n and it added a space between the lines. 

Wooot.
  • Excellent stuff, glad to hear you got it sorted!  \:D/