Skip to content

Verification failure on article directories

edited August 2012 in Need Help
Searched but didn't find anything.

I'm getting massive verification failures when it runs the article directories. Any ideas?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited August 2012
    Are you saying the links are really on the page and the software is saying they aren't there or you're just getting a lot of verified failed?

I setup an all contextual link campaign yesterday using no PR or OBL filter and I'm at 1286 submitted and 921 verified all contextual links. That includes article directories.

I noticed not a lot of article directories are higher PR so that's why I turned the PR filter off. If you have the PR filter on I wouldn't expect to get a lot of verified links too quickly.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the article directories verification.

If you're trying to get contextual links here's a tip that Sven recently added. All you do is right click in the platform selection field and choose "check all" then select "uncheck engines that use no contextual links". Now you will have a ton of different platforms you can submit your articles to.

I wouldn't focus only on article directories, I'd try to hit everything contextual so you get a good amount of verified links. :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @S4ntos - can you explain this feature a little more? Do you run it as a separate project instead of article directories? Do you then also use the %URL% within the article or let GSA handle the link?
    Well this feature basically allows you to easily select all contextual type links. I'm not sure what you want me elaborate on.

Sometimes I'll use something like %anchor_text% for the link and sometimes I let the software handle it.

The only problem before with the software handling it was that it used the same footprint on every link. It would say, "For more about" right before your link. The last update addressed this issue and now there are a lot more variations.

Its best to have your link in the article body then at the end of the article as far as SEO value goes but either way should work fine.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Do you set a PR filter and OBL filter for these contextual links? I'm just cautious of submitting to PR0 article sites...I would prefer good quality over quantity. 
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. If you're worried about it, throw on the PR filter. The OBL filter shouldn't be used for article/web 2.0 sites imo.
  • Hey S4ant0s, when you say..

"Sometimes I'll use something like %anchor_text% for the link and sometimes I let the software handle it"

Does that mean when you want a link to show as your anchor text, you just enter "%anchor_text%", or do you have to enter something like < a href="%url%">%anchor_text%>< /a>?!

You would still need to enter: < a href="%url%">%anchor_text%>< /a>