Skip to content

Links Per Minute

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
edited January 2013 in Need Help
I have been running 600 threads for the last month.  My links per minute was between 10-20 on average.  I was having a few crashing issues so I dropped my threads to 500 and have been seeing 60-80 links per minute. I haven't had any crashes since. 

What is your links per minute and how many threads?

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

250 threads to get these results

You just need to spend some time tweaking ser get get maximum results.

check your stats and see what engines deliver bad results and not use them

• I can't figure out for the life of me and i've been messing with it nonestop but ever since the LPM was introduced I can't seem to push past 6-7LPM  which is horrible imo.  I honestly have no idea why and i've played around with every option i can think of besides the Engines etc.

You need to check the engines you post to guys.

Options > Advanced > Tools and then the stats there. To see which engines you are trying to post to that yield poor results

Why aim at engines that use decaptcha if the results are poor

Little things like that, can soon boost submission rates

• Sorry, Maybe i'm doing something wrong or it's just to early for me.  But When I go to options -> advanced -> Tools -> Stats   I only see stats for identified  not for any of the others.  and what it is showing me I don't see how that will let me know which SE engines are bad.   Or are you talking about the platforms?

A man of such distinction as you Hunar.

Im panicking in case you offer any kind of man love :D

In advanced options, do you  also have save submitted and verified ticked in the global site lists

Thats where I believe those stats are drawn from

• Doing some testing at 800 threads:

Oi, stop posting images like that.

They make me look like a boyscout :D

• Okay, I see what you mean.  So I would just base the successful vs the verified than See which of those platforms are no good or not producing very good results.
  • LeeG..thanks for that tip..It actually makes sense..I can now see where are my most of verified links coming from..I will tweak my settings now :-)
  • edited January 2013
    Would it not be looking at the difference between identified and submitted?

I.e, If the site is identified and then you get a submit out of it then you know you beat the captcha step or there wasn't one.

Verified would then mean someone accepted it / auto post and doesnt have anything to do with captcha?
  • Right, that's a good call Bumnick,  Thanks for that. :)

I know when I did mine recently, I found some verified at single digit numbers in the verfied.

And some of those will also be from my days of using a paid decaptcha service

As the captcha softwares develop, which looks like it will be at a fast rate now, with more captchas being shared by the developers

If you have not activated the site lists, dont panic.

That can easily be rectified with another tool in ser

Options > Advanced > Tools > Add URLs from projects

And you can add both submitted and verified.

When I do that, I also go one step further and delete duplicate urls

• ronron SERLists.com

@LeeG - One of the best tips I have ever seen. I'm creating a spreadsheet right now with identified, submitted, and verified to analyze.

After I'm through with that, I will be creating a life-size cardboard cutout of you in my office, lol. Of course, I have to adjust its position to not obstruct my wall mural of Sven and Ozz rendered by the Italian painter I brought in. 

Sven might want it for lobbing darts at when I manage to break his products :D

See guys, im teaching you to be more constructive with your time than poncing about swapping out emails that might be blacklisted, only to swap them and get blacklisted within minutes 

• Damnnn....I'd love to get an Lpm of that magnitude. My Lpm is also around 10% Hunar.....don't feel too bad. I've tweaked about every setting possible, except for the engines. KUDOS @LeeG for the tip above!! :)
    I'm going to start analyzing mine here shortly....

@LeeG I have a few followup questions that I'd like to throw out there if I may.....

1. What SEs are you selecting? Only English speaking or other languages?

2. Do your stats include imported lists you scraped yourself or is that ALL from SER automated scraping/submitting?

3. Most importantly..........how many private proxies are you using with that amount of threads?
  • edited January 2013
    Are you guys posting on all platforms? I guess you can't really compare lpm when someone trying to get only quality links like social network where you have to sign up, verify email and such compared to someone only doing guestbook and blog comment spam.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@pietpatat - One of things that LeeG is talking about above has a lot more to do with which engines on each platform end up giving you a better % and # of links for the effort. Example: Can you get a higher % of links with MoinMoin vs. Moodle?

Some web 2.0's you are lucky to get a link. So do you want to tie up GSA resources scraping thousands of keywords on an engine that only gives you one link?

Maybe some engines only have recaptcha. Well, then you aren't going to have any links unless you use a human decaptcha service, etc., etc.

If you create a spreadsheet, you can evaluate every performer on every platform and make decisions from there.

• Yes I understand you can increase your lpm by only selecting engines that have lots of verified links, but im more talking about general link types.

Like blog comments are a 1 step thing: you fill in the info and hit submit. But with social networks you have to register > verify mail > create blog > enter blog post, which ofcourse takes way more time.

So you can be like hey guys look at mine 1000 lpm, because you only do blogcomments compared to someone who does social network post with 200 lpm. So what im pretty much saying is that lpm really doesnt tell that much.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

Agreed. But you will make a ton more posts, in general, if you deselect the nonperformers. You will end up finding more properties on the successful engines within each platform.

Yes, it would be analagous to comparing xrumer and a million guestbook run compared to a standard GSA run. Apples to oranges.

• Good point pietpatat and Ron. Which brings me to my #4 question for LeeG....

4. What sources are you using for those results? No need for specific engines, just sources like forum, blog comments, SB, etc.

The LPM pictured above is INSANE! There has to be more to it..........
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2013

Bump (for a good reason).

If you want to have a zillion links like @LeeG, then you have to have a larger number of projects.

I hope people do not wonder: "I have 3 projects with 'no limits'. Why does that guy make more links with 20 projects with 'no limits'?

It's all relative...crank out a bunch of tiered projects and you will make a ton of links too. But you will make a lot more links if you heed LeeG's advice on tweaking.

Only if you go into your platform engine files, grab the data, spreadsheet it, and take a look - only then will it hit you in the forehead like a large brick.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    LeeG pasted his links on another thread... he pasted 2 or 3 images showing exactly links and exactly which platform type he used. It was pretty well spread out I thought!
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I know this a "piece of string" question but is it necessary to actually have something like 100 LPM for one project/website?
  • Anyone ever looked at their UPLOAD rate? Without some decent DSL or cable you can forget 3 figure LPMs.....

I see my name mentioned :D

Two days banging out links like a 12yr old looking at an underwear catalogue

What I do to hit those kinds of lpm, is to clone all engines on all tiers

Take out the ones that give few if any results

Use global sites lists, so they are constantly being topped up

And I dont use a lot of what I call "kiddy shit" thats been added to ser

Black list checks, for example, add time to submissions.

I use a limited selection of search engines, those that give maximum results and at the same time reduce the "already parsed" messages

I have spent a lot of time watching ser, to see what can be tweaked to improve submission rates

• edited March 2013
    Is there a way to disable bad engines e.g.  n****.l* in all projects or do I need to edit each project to remove all of the non-performing engines ??

Thanks

Ross
  • LeeG said: What I do to hit those kinds of lpm, is to clone all engines on all tiers

What do you mean by this and why do you clone the engines? How exactly does it make a difference? (apart from sending your lpm through the roof, obviously, :P) 

Sorry if it's a noob question, just want to try and get a better understanding of how the program works.

• ronron SERLists.com

You right click in the platform area on a blank spot, and select "copy selection". You just copied all your platforms and all engines. You can then go into each project that applies and paste in those platforms and engines.

For example, I would copy/paste the same one used for moneysites (T1), I would copy/paste a different setup for Tier2, a different setup for blog comment projects, etc. 

• @ron Thanks.  I think I understand now,  :\">
  • edited January 2013
    I'vegot a slightly differene experience I've culled all my engines down to < 10% verified / identified rate and i'm LPM is still hovering around 25.  Sometimes it drops down to the low teens.

I'm running 188 threads, 30 private proxies, 156 SE's english only selected.