Skip to content

Dedupe by domain for comment platforms?

Does it make sense to dedupe by domain for comment posting platforms? I see the list is trimmed to root domain by deduping, so GSA cant then find article to post comment to for such list. If I run big list with mixed comment/article platforms, I should probably dedupe list only by URL instead to get links sorted for contextual platforms and also for comments, if I understand it right. Wouldnt be best to have third dedupe option to filter list by domain, while keeping full url in the list so it can be sorted into comments also getting max out of the list?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    No it makes no sense doing it for those engines and thats why they are unchecked by default ;)
  • Good, then wouldnt make sense to have dedupe in platform identifier while not trimming to root domain to be able to sort url into comment and article platform in same time?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited February 2015
    Are you sure its trimming to root domain? Which dedup option are you using? The one in the tools menu or the automatic dedup that monitors a folder? 

We just tested both ways and its not trimming anything to root :/

Are you sure the trim to root option isn't checked in the tools menu? 

Pi can already sort URL's into multiple platform types. It should be selected by default in the settings menu. .
  • I am using tools, checked is only "remove duplicate domains", after dedupe I click "export to project...". Then I look up temp file and its all only domains, trimmed. Must be bug, I repeated the dedupe&export about three times now with same result, trimmed to root, v 1.14
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Ah, so its only happening when using "export to project" - that's why we didn't see it before. We found it now and it will be fixed in next version. Sorry about that