Skip to content

When Using Active V Does it Verify Oldest Links First

I don't use auto verification. I run Active then Active V 1-3 days later. However, it dawned on me...does SER verify all of the links in random order or by date posted? Surely the ones that are just posted would be last to be verified...? I noticed that a lot of submissions were lost when I stopped Active V (to start posting again) and wondered if they were the youngest links that were being removed.

I have since started checking 'do not remove after first attempt'. Also, how many attempts is enough before it's time to give in and move on? Three or so attempts?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    it verifies all in alphabetic order
  • Is it possible to make it oldest links first?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    would that really matter? All links have to be checked according to the engine config/project options anyway. Having them sorted in a different way would just cause extra cpu time.
  • OK no problem. The reason being is I run Active V for a few days at a time, no stopping. When I stop projects and run Active V for 1-5 hours at a time, if I stop the projects lots of submitted URLs get deleted (I'm assuming they are newer placed links), and therefore there is a serious link-loss.

The reason I run my projects like that is down to link velocity in terms of days/weeks, which I have found makes a difference to the ability to rank sites quickly. If I stop and verify them, I can control the amount of links I have per tier.