Skip to content

My vpm is low. Please help.

edited December 2014 in Need Help
My setup - 10 private proxies (dedicated) (no public proxies)
http://ark.intel.com/products/75036/Intel-Core-i5-4430-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz
8bg ram
64 bit system
Blue List 19 serlists dec 20 - fresh and clean (I hope so)
I tried tweaking threads,time out, maximum page to download,etc.
Even if I initially get about 20 vpm, after about 30m-1h it stabilizes at about 1 vpm
I clean my cache with every new run
I have 16 projects atm
As you can see I have almost no filters so its pure spam.
I get download failed even if I use 50-500 threads but I get a lot of connection reset by peer errors
GSA captcha breaker with 20%+ success solves only
I only get targets from this list, I don't scrape or collect target sites from competitors
I am not scraping for public proxies either

I haven't tried tweaking engines yet but I will do that when I'll have 10k verified list

Fact is - it is possible to get 20+ vpm with my setup

I get same results on my VPS which is only 2 cores and 2 mb ram

Doesn't matter how much I tweak - it never increases to over 2vpm

There is one huge mistake I am doing and I need to find it.

Comments

• edited December 2014
    I am using SEO spartan catchall email
    Captcha success rate is 63% atm
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    Nothing new - We are many facing this issue...

A shame when such things are getting ignored!

The worst thing that can happen is when you start to loose faith in your SEO-Tool, and start to revert back to older versions (IM one of those)...

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@magically stop this please. Im aware ppl face an issue. Noone ignores it. But on all threads about this topic I see nothing to debug on. Stop wining and deliver something to work with?

• How long has this been happening for ? I'm sure there is fix to this though.
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    edited December 2014
    @Sven
    LOL I'm not whining - I'm trying to make a bug visible.
    However I'm getting frustrated when I have to repeat myself over and over.

As a start I suggest 3 things:

1. Running a similar test of the links from @Trevor_Bandura (You are welcome to get those via PM).

2. Take another verified list (I have one) and let it run on a 'dummy project' to see the results and performance.

3. Re-analyse everything related to emails and verification of links inside mails.

- As a overall strategy, I suggest to analyse if GSA Ser actually identifies the links into the right engines 'on the fly' - or if they identified wrongly, hence loads of errors.

That is my recommendations.

To sum up:

- You can get 2 lists

A. 244 links to see how they are identified
    B. A huge verifified lis,t to see the performance issues yourself - and more importantly the sequence and identification on the fly into the various engines and email verification issues.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @magically I just sent @Sven a PM with the list that I sent you. I'm sure it will take Sven a few days to go over it as it's close to Christmas.

I'l be working with Sven on this problem so please @Everyone give us some time and know it's being worked on. Lets all enjoy Christmas and not worry about these current problems for the time being.

@Sven would it be possible to create a sticky thread with bugs that are currently getting worked on between us both?

If there was one single thread with updates it might cut down on all the posts about the same thing if they could look at one thread to see if the problem they are having is currently in the debug stage.
  • I am getting about 60% of no engine matches with blue list and roy's identified list.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited December 2014
    @tronoxas - We all understand there is a problem - we all have the same issue regardless whether you make your own list or buy a list. Give Sven a chance to work on it.

In the meantime, try rolling back to an earlier version. Go to this comment where I posted a couple of older versions for you to use: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/104770/#Comment_104770
  • Nah, I'm patient :) Just trying to figure out what's wrong. Thanks for help guys.
    edited December 2014
    A great debugging starting point is doing what I did before.

Take the exact same list, run it through one project with an older version, then use a brand new project and run that same exact list again with the newest version remembering to save the verified links to different global folders of course.

Go through and compare the two verified lists and send @Sven the sites that never verified in the new version but did in an older version. That's the kind of data Sven needs for debugging.

NOTE: Remember to not have any option selected that will add more sites to the list like selecting search engines.

• ronron SERLists.com
    ^^Nice.
    @ron I think this is the only real way. I did notice that after that major update Sven did with the debug data I sent him things worked great for a while but now again are going down.

So I'm thinking that many of the contextual engines are on to all of us and are changing faster than before. So updating will need to be a constant thing, just like the web 2.0 sites in SER constantly change. Since i'm already doing something like this, I could separate that part from my own service if people are interested in me taking that project on.
  • I've installed 3.21 and I am now seeing a little increase in vpm. I'm not sure if that will last though. Still tons of no engine matches.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Trevor_Bandura - What you are suggesting is a massive amount of work. Many have tried and gagged on that piece of pie - it's a lot of pie, lol. If you do, I tip my hat to you. However, it is a risk/reward deal with your time. I am not at all sure the reward is there to make it worth it. After all, it is a business decision.
    @ron yes it is for sure. If there would be enough people interested I would offer just that service alone as i'm already doing it anyways. But is something I would really have to think about before I offer it to the entire community so they would not have to also get a list from me. And of course run this by @Sven first.
  • edited December 2014
    Meh, same thing with 3.21 :(

Installing older version didn't change the fact that there is problem with these engines and SER.

Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna create a brand new folder with submitted and failed along with verified. Then I will disable low performers, send data to sven (maybe he will use it for good mankind) = PROFIT$$$

How's that plan ?

Atm I'm getting nearly none timed outs so failed will have a good use too.
  • edited December 2014
    Here is a million dolar idea:

He should create folder for all type of errors so it would be a piece of delicious cake to fix those engines (if possible, of course).

For no engine match, registration failed, etc.
    "For no engine match, registration failed, etc."

You can already save failed sites, just enable the global site list failed folder.
  • edited December 2014
    Yes sir but here's my twist

Failed + option for registration failed
    Failed + no engine match
    +
    Is in online blacklist folder - for certain engines to see if there are engines that hackers like to use a lot.

Failed list is just a failed list you know.

Maybe for certain engine you'd get just a lot of download failed and registration failed

Feel me ?

Sven could outsource some work to chinamen and soon enough his software will kick ass to all these senuke's X and others.

Just my 2$

• edited December 2014
    I still don't know why when I start project I get like 30 vpm and after some time it drops down to less than 2. I have some guesses though.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

please very one, relax. Im aware of every possible bug there is. Im debugging everything closely. The problem is that a submission/verification can fail by many reasons. and sending me a list of URLs from months or weeks ago is not helpful as I have to go through every single URL in it. What I need is a small list of sites where you are sure it would be possible to post to with an older version.

Anyway thanks to @Trevor_Bandura the list is relatively small and I might be able to have a close look on it by tomorrow. I just hope this list is not another "take all identivied but failed to post to sites".

• And here is another million sheckels for ron:

Test this, get best engines, scrape only for them,sell lists for 3x more = profit

• One question still remains though.

Are my settings good or not. I just saw some comments about how GSA sucks atm and how people are losing faith in jesus.

Maybe my settings can be improved ?
  • I hope that people see my messages, feels like I'm talking to myself here.
    @tronoxas Having SER save sites in different folders according the the error that happened I think would just cause more problems over all.

What you can do is take a handful of those failed sites, run them through a new project with low threads and see what the errors are. Then manually save some of them to run SER is De-Bug more to get the exact reasons for failing.

There are just way to many reasons why a site can fail for Sven to save them all separately.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @tronoxas - You are quite the businessman, lol. Love your idea. I wish I had more time. This is selling season bro - up to my eyeballs in alligators. 
  • edited December 2014
    aaaaaand... Still no one gave an exact answer to my problem.

I was asking.

Why the f**k GSA slows down so much. At first I had about 20-30 vpm and now I am getting a whooping 0.5 vpm. It gets to lengths that you can't even imagine.

I understand low success rates but why the heck it slows down so much over time ?

This problem has never been explained, anywhere on the forum. Seems like I am the only one who has it.

If I won't fix it then I think I'll be forced to drop GSA. No point in getting 1 vpm with verified list + proxies + vps + scm. I made basic calculations that I need to have at least 5 vpm of crappy links in order for this to pay for itself. If I won't then I will just be buying wham bam thank you ma'm link blasts because they seem to cost cheaper than investing money into the actual program itself + CB and other tools at the moment.

Don't get me wrong. I love this software because you get so many options with it but I won't rank anything with such numbers.
  • Seems that only temporary fix to this is setting you threads to like 5k and decreasing if cpu hits 85%. This way you get constantly increasing threads as some of them die out while others replace them until you build up to 5k threads. In reality you never hit 100+ threads but it says that you have like 3k or so.
  • edited December 2014
    It f**cking slows down like that because when you restart SER or a project it's just logging in and trying to post to sites that it's already registered and verified by email or it failed email verification and is still trying to log in and post anyways. That's why. A lot of peoples questions can be found just paying attention to the log.

AFTER it goes thru your que of already registered/email verified sites it then has to go thru the que of sites to register which involves identifying the platform, more captchas, and email verification. Simple.

edit: Also if you have your links set to verify automatically then upon restarting a project, it also triggers another "project verification" after about 5 minutes which will verify already submitted links which will increase your VPM.
  • edited December 2014
    It f**cking slows down like that because when you restart SER or a project it's just logging in and trying to post to sites that it's already registered and verified by email or it failed email verification and is still trying to log in and post anyways. That's why. A lot of peoples questions can be found just paying attention to the log.

AFTER it goes thru your que of already registered/email verified sites it then has to go thru the que of sites to register which involves identifying the platform, more captchas, and email verification. Simple.

edit: Also if you have your links set to verify automatically then upon restarting a project, it also triggers another "project verification" after about 5 minutes which will verify already submitted links which will increase your VPM.

Even when I start a project from scratch and run it with freshly imported list ? I mean, I get that ser auto identifies previously submitted links with some threads when you restart a project but why it slows don't when I start projects after importing list to new projects or after I clear submitted links column.

I am not quite getting what you wrote there. I've read it about 10 times now.

I think I know where the problem might be.

That stinky option "continiously try to post to a site even if failed before"

I'm gonna test it without ticking it and see how it goes.