Skip to content

Loaded 0/98 URLs from site lists

edited January 2013 in Need Help
Hi,
I just created a new project and have the: "Use urls from global site list" checked on verified.
Now if I'm not mistaken it should take the urls from the global verified list to post to if it can't find enough results on search engines right?

So why am I see a lot of
 22:53:27: [ ] Loaded 0/98 URLs from site lists
in the log? It's a brand new campaign so there should be plenty of new verified urls from the site list to grab right?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

0 = no new urls for the project (all seen/submitted/verified before)

98 = loaded 98 URLs from site lists.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - it might be a good idea to add this question to the FAQ.

"What does the log file mean?"
    1) 22:53:27: [ ] Loaded 0/98 URLs from site lists
    2) 22:53:27: [ ] 000/100 Parsed

It seems to come up a fair bit. 
  • Ok thanks for the explanation.

Is there any timeout for this option after it checked the whole sitelist and there are no new links?
    I'm just trying out this option, and actually yesterday was the first time I turned this option on since I purchased GSA. It created lots of links because of this ( 7k yesterday where it normally creates 2-3k links per day), but now I feel it has checked the whole sitelist and there are no new links in the sitelist but it just keeps checking.

I checked the log file today and out of the 12k lines, 9k it loaded 0/x URLs from site list and 29 times it managed to load 1/x URLS from sitelist. So now I feel it is kind of wasting resources when it has this option on?

I just turned it off for all my projects. But I think if there would be a timeout option or an option to check like every month if there are new URLs from the sitelist it would be much better, right?

How do other members use this option? Do you have it checked all the time? Or do you turn it on once a month to let GSA check for new URL from the sitelist?
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Im working on this to find a solution.

I was hit hard at one stage and Im getting close to having killed it

Nothing worse than a screen full of those errors

Its partly search engine related. You need to use engines from different countries.

Google returns similar results, no matter what country you search from.

Choose a few obscure ones. There are over 300 in ser to choose from

• edited January 2013
    If I understand it correctly; GSA uses the "grab from sitelist" function if it can't find enough results from the search engines. And lee you think it can't find enough results from the search engines because google returns similar results based on your country, right?

This can easily be fixed by adding /ncr after the link. So google.es/ncr won't redirect you to the .com results and will shows the .es results.

Try accessing google.com from Spain, it redirects you to the es version

So I can only assume it does it with proxies as well

So if you have google.com selected, chances are it will send the ip your searching with to the country of that ip.

The only time you go to a set google is if you select anything other than the com version

There have been tests done with google searches after it was mentioned on here.

I did a mass serach using a rank checker on something Im page two for

Hit every google

The ranking was to within 6 to 8 places on all googles.

So even if your using Google Kazakhstan, you will pull almost the same results as US Com and UK

• edited January 2013
    I don't understand?

Every countries google result is different right? So google.es will show lots of .es sites and .nl will show mostly .nl sites. The problem is now if you go to .nl it will redirect you to the country of your proxy.

But if you add /ncr ( no country redirect ) it won't redirect and you can see all the results from .nl , .es etc.

Try it.

Ofcourse it also works the other way around. I'm from holland so always when I go to google.com it will show the results from .nl. Which sucks because I can't check my .com rankings this way. But if I go to google.com/ncr I can see the .com results.

Here is a test for you, bit of free software to use

Download traffic travis and run a search on every google listed on something you know where it ranks.

You will be surprised by the results.

English words into a foreign language search engine, will still return the English word rankings, is my best guess at how it works

• No man. Lets take the english word: World Cup.
    If you google this on .com if only shows .com & .co.uk result.

But if you go to google.nl/ncr it will also show .nl results like spele.nl & schaatsen.nl.

Now the question is if GSA already adds /ncr if you go to google? Maybe @sven can answer this?
  • @pietpatat this is a very good observation (I just tried it myself)
    if sven is able to put this to use it would greatly improve the duplicate results from search engines
    maybe its already implemented
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    you can tweak that by yourself. 
    1) copy/paste the search engines you want to use out of ''se.dat" (C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker)
    2) open/create "user_se.dat" (...\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker) with an editor
    -> rename the SE to '[Google /ncr]' for example
    -> add "/ncr" to the url
    -> restart SER and test with "search online for urls"-tool
    -> done
  • @Ozz I know what you are saying but
    https://www.google.com/ncr?q=best+hotel
    it directs you to
    https://www.google.com
    with no search done
    so I think what you are describing will not bring any results