Skip to content

Use a sledgehammer to crack a nut

magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
Well I have now been using GSA Ser for a couple of weeks (4-5 weeks) and so far the results are really weak!

Let's start with the scraping part using a paid version of Gscraper:

As the image shows - I have scraped more than 43 MILLIONS URLS in a couple of hours.
Then I deduped these liks to ensure no duplicate domains (also removed redundant urls on top)

Then these potential targets were loaded into the Cannon aka GSA SER

And here are the result:
113 verified links

One could come to the conclusion that this is because of bad footprints?
NOPE!

I have tranfered all footprints from GSA Ser engines + plus added several custom made ones.
- Then removed redundant using textmechanic

I used 450K keywords all were randomized and all dupes were removed as well.

In terms of Captcha Solving - I would say I'm pretty good covered using these in combination:

Captchasniper
Captchatronix
Spamvilla
BanditIM
Textcapthcasolver

Before loading GSA SER I did a HOUSECLEANING too, meaning all duplicate domains and urls were removed from the verified list.

My conclusion is that it would be cheaper to hire some homeless people for an hour to submit to different sites, and the result would probably and up with a higher rate of verified links.

Anyone else experiencing the same pattern or are you all lemmings, blindly following the ones up front?

Comments

• What proxies are you using? What settings are you using? Have you tried a sitelist from a seller on here? I'm seeing 40k verified daily. Then again I've been using SER for nearly 2 years.
  • magicallymagically http://i.imgur.com/Ban0Uo4.png
    I use private proxies from mexala!
    Also - 113 verified links out of 43 millions is completely terrible...

In terms of lists, well as a matter of fact, most of the socalled Premium Lists are released on various forums - 1-2 days after they are 'Sold Out'!

Who wants to pay 50$ for a premium list like GSA Red Verified List, when you can download it for free 1 day after release on a forum? I mean if you can live with a SUPER OVERSPAMMED LIST you have paid for, then it's allright;)

However I prefer to make my own list, with my footprints and keywords, to keep at least 500 meter distance from those premium lists. Unfortunately, it looks like there are redundancy in Gscraper as well as GSA SER, because it doesn't matter how unique your keywords are - eventually you will see a lot of the same urls as comes from the Premium Lists sold here....Really funny pattern actually:D

So, should I hire some homeless people to do some spamming or what is wrong with my setup?
  • You can use your "download it for free 1 day after release on a forum" list to check to see if you get more verified. If you do then you know it's your list and not SER. Savvy?
    Well, I actually did on a test-project to see the difference.

And yes if you use the mentioned list correctly, you will be able to hit a higher rate of verified links for sure.
    Depending on you expectations - In my case there was a significant higher rate of verified links.

However calling it a verified list is a little beyond the real story!
    Links disappears, links are temp. down etc...some simply dies. It would make more sense to call it something else. Sending out a list with 220K verified urls, where you are able to get no more than 5-8000 at best is misleading in my terminology. It would make more sense to all it what it is - a trimmed list with potential targets - optimized for GSA Ser.

Now that was about the lists:D

Back to the scraping part again - wouldn't you say 119 verified is really low compared to the volume of 43 raw target urls?

• Does your scraped list platform type match the engines selected in your projects?
    edited November 2014
    Of course they do - exsported them from GSA SER, and even added quite a few custom made ones too.
    In order to really feed Gscraper, I used 530.000 keyword - Randomized and cleaned for redundancy.

That is exactly why I don't understand the result - it's simply unbelievable.

Here are a few examples: http://pastebin.com/bJeQA1VH
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited November 2014
    I have to admit, SER's verified numbers for me has also dropped substantially, I'm trying to figure out the reason by testing all the factors, proxies/emails/threads/timeouts etc but nothing seems to be working of late.

Back a few months ago I was obtaining a very large amount of verified targets for example 250,000+ verified links per day on each installation and now in comparison this has dropped to around 20,000 which is amazingly bad, I'm not sure what is it, possibly the engines have been or not been updated in a while? Maybe maybe maybe... But I might have to revert back to my trusty 7.xx version just to give it a test.

But truth be told, SER is not hitting the same numbers as it was the start of this year.

Could be the email accounts failing on me too though.

Not sure if @sven can chime in on this issue? (if there is one)
    edited November 2014
    @Tim89
    Exactly! I'm facing problems with email accounts as well. If they finally work as supposed to - then most fails saying "could not log in - wrong password" etc...

Example:

Bottom line is, something is not working correctly.

Those of you who have many verified links, could be because you have blog-engines enabled in scraping as well as in GSA Ser. In my case - they are omitted, as I don't want these types of back-links.
    Most of these socalled premium lists are filled with blog-urls - which of course increases the success rate of verified links highly. However, try to disable those and see what you get;)
    @magically indeed, I solely create contextual links and these have dramatically dropped.

If others are selecting "all types of links" then they would probably not notice what we are seeing.
    edited November 2014
    @Tim89

Glad that we at least are two so far seeing this problem. It's about making it 'visible' in order to make people realize that there is something up that needs to be corrected.

Running on full speed, all engines enabled, with 500+ threads on a VPS will certainly decrease the chances of spotting any issues. 

However there are issues and they, as you mention it, have reduced the performance significantly lately.
  • I totally agree guys. SER is not performing as it did. Maybe the way it handles the emails is the issue.
    @Don
    Great - that makes it 3 so far seeing the same pattern and issues.

Actually I just ran a small test:

One brand new email and around 50.000 new fresh urls.

I used one email here, to force GSA RUN as smoothly as possible - No filters and with 300 threads.

Same issues - problems during log in, not even sure the validation is actually performed correctly.
    Conclusion: Very few verified links as a result.

Note: This is still without blogs. That would undoubly increase the outcome
  • Verified contextual links have dropped tremendously.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2014
    magically - So it's cool to come on here and openly admit to stealing other GSA user's products now is it (and then have the nerve to slate them when you didn't even pay for them in the first place)? 
  • edited November 2014
    @magically - Make that 4 of us. Been having the "awaiting account verification" issue for quite awhile now. Created a thread about it but haven't been able to diagnose anything myself.
  • Im using cpanel emails no problemos :)
  • I find it incredible that people can pay $50 for a list and then paste it on a forum...what's the point ?...what do they achieve ? "street cred" from the thieves who then use the list ??

When Ron first started selling their lists the lists lasted a couple of weeks, now they're spammed out in a day. I'm sure that Ron & Co aren't selling any more than they used to but COMPLETE IDIOTS are killing the golden goose. Then they post on here complaining that the software isn't working

The world's gone mad !!
    @2Take2

Tell me, are you even able to read?

I clearly wrote about a completely different issue i.e my scrapings and the results in GSA Ser!

Premium lists were then mentioned afterwards, bare in mind I didn't steal anything!

Those lists are leaked by complete morons or perhaps even the makers themselves.

Imagine creating a 'NEED' for new stuff, since they actually do get over spammed - Business as usual...
    It's very similar to drug addicts that needs a fix...

Are you one of those guys 2Take2? Cold heart and money hungry?

Read my comment in this thread once more:

"However I prefer to make my own list, with my footprints and keywords, to keep at least 500 meter distance from those premium lists... "

The only reason I tried this list, was to see how stupid people really are - paying 50$ for a list filled with blogs and even get's leaked 1 day after closeup. 

Surely I wouldn't leak such a list I had paid 50$ for - So that means it must be insiders doing it for obvious business reasons. Why else leak it? No one is that stupid, that is a fact!

That actually means two things:
    1. I don't want to buy or use these lists as they are worthless in my opinion!
    2. I make my own list.

Do not call me a thief ever again or you will unleash things you can't even imagine!

Great you guys step up and help making the issue visible.
    That makes it 5 in total so far.

• magically - Don't you dare threaten me, that's not what this forum is about, and I don't take kindly to it. Also, understand that me and the rest of the guys at serlists are not some clueless newbs and are capable of some pretty dark shit ourselves when provoked.

I can read just fine, and I didn't call you a thief, you said it yourself.....

In one post you said you wouldn't buy lists as they could be downloaded for free, and in the next you stated that you used one as a test.... Not sure what else to read into that really, but they were your words, not mine.

As for the rest of your post, you've got that tinfoil hat on way too tight mate - as if we would need to bother going to those lengths to sell our [still decent, despite what you say] product. Seeing how much we've all helped people on here in the past and all of the free information we've given away, it's kind of insulting really.

drug@2Take2

It's simply not possible to get a thief to admit, that he indeed did steal - Same goes for a 'drug-dealer' and his 'drugs'!

You are constantly whining about your lame list, which I couldn't care less about. Are you retarded or something?

Stay the of this thread! This thread is not about your 'Premium Lists' and frankly I don't care if you are leaking them or not! Keep you business to yourself and focus on your customers instead.

This thread is actually about a very weak and still declining performance of GSA SER.

Now this thread is a support thread about a product I bought and paid for - So stay away with your greedy and insulating approaches.

*For the record - I have been 'doing other 'things on the internet' - way before you were even born!
    I'm pretty sure you are not interested in seeing real dark magic?
    Lol.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited November 2014
    The contextual link problem I hope should be fixed real soon. I'm currently running a test with the exact same scrape using the newest version of SER and an older version of SER.

I'm going to be sending the results to @Sven to see if we can figure out what the problem is and if there really is one.

So please give us a few more days. The scrape I'm using is quite a large one so it's taking SER a few days for each version to process.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited November 2014
    @magically  - This is a public forum, and I'll post in whatever threads I like, thank you very much, especially  when my product is mentioned specifically by name, and I make no apologies for standing by it.

Judging by your [over] reaction to my question, and the fact that you've not only launched a tirade of insults (both personal and professional) at me, but also threatened me twice, you've obviously got some kind of axe to grind, for whatever reason?

Anyway, I'm done with this thread....

• 1. 43 milions urls harvested mean simply nothing. We dont know how many unique domains you got, also we dont know what engines you were targeting. You can:
    - harvest 50 milion with low quality footprints and dont get any verified
    - harvest 10 milions with high quality footprints + keywords and get alot of verified
    - harvest 500 milions with good footprints and get X00 verified because its not possible to get more from engine you target.

Yea i know you  think you have perfect footprints. You created all footprints yourself by hand? i dont think so and thats why you cant be 100% sure about quality.

2. You cant expect from any software to be 100% perfectly working. Xrumer is not perfect, Gscraper, Scrapebox, SER also. Whats the point ? I dont upgrade everytime i find new version. I look for very stable version than use it untill i find next very stable and very good SER version. Maybe with different ser version you would get different results.

So to find where the problem is:
    - try this list with different ser version
    - look how many verified lists sellers have on engines you are targeting. If they have 3-10 times more dont expect to get same amount of links with 43 milions harvest and GSA footprints.
    - create few footprints for one engine you target,  harvest, post and check results.

Here are a few examples: http://pastebin.com/bJeQA1VH
    With this footprints im sure you dont know  how to harvest. Check them manually - few are good, few are wtf.

For example (one of your footprints):
    "Powered by FruitShow" "New Topic"

Number of results in google (total on first page) 2k. When you go to page three google dont show more results telling you there are only 35 results for this footprint. How many keywords you need to  harvest all sites with such footprint ? Zero or few. How many you use ? 450k - so you harvest same and same results all over. again and later come here telling us we are lemmings. Lemmings like me harvest 0.5 milion urls per minute per server.

So do your homework, learn how to create footprints, filter them, how to harvest etc. Its not easy and its not working like... i will throw footprints from gsa and 450k keyword list (big keyword list dont mean good keyword list) to Gscraper and i will get master list. Its way harder.

edited November 2014
    Surely sounds great - Many thanks for the initiative, that is highly appreciated.

'Axe' and 'grind' - You are highly delusional man:P
    Are you eating mushrooms or something, that's a hint to the 'red' and 'blue' pill btw;)

Surely I for one see a clear pattern here.

I almost 'weed in my pants' - however I'm used to eat dudes like you for breakfast.

Spill the beans somewhere else dude - This thread is still not for all your whining about your delusions and lists.

Thank you for the 'Heads up' - surely some of the information are useful indeed.
    Bare in mind the following:

1. I'm not trying to create any 'Master-List' - just trying to gather a decent amount of verified links.

2. The footprints I publiced here were a preview, since this is a public forum. Naturally I wouldn't give my tips to people like 2Take2. That means I obviously just added some footprints as an example, and you took those very literally.

Obviously, there are some problems with GSA SER's current version as we are a couple of guys here having exactly the same issues - regardless of list, scraping methods pills and what else...

edited November 2014
    Lol Woop, All these naughty threats is making me wanna dance... anyone else care for a dance?

• Yeah, I'll join you

• Theres only one 'nut' in this thread that needs cracking with a sledgehammer.
    LOL

Guess we need some music too: