Skip to content

Delete Non-Working Sites From Global Sites List?

edited January 2013 in Feature Requests
It would be great if there was an option to delete non-working sites from the Global Sites list. 

For example, GSA identifies like 3,000 or so Drupal sites.  But because only a small percentage of them allow blog posts from users, there's maybe only 200 or so working sites from the list of 3,000.  So it'd be nice if GSA didn't try to keep re-trying all the non-working sites each time you want to post to your Global Sites list (which I believe uses all identified sites on the platforms selected).

There's several other platforms to that have a smaller percentage of verified links compared to the # of sites identified for that platform.  Probably because some sites need manual account approval or extra spam prevention steps that prevent GSA from posting.  So it'd be nice if there was a way to weed those sites out of the Global Sites List, since GSA can't get a link from them. 

Comments

• this is pretty easy to manage if you use only site lists with successful verifications (+ submission if you like) and skip the identified and failed sites. with the update today you can even manage this differently from project to project.
  • So, I'd just have to manually Import the site files then for each project, rather than just hit check on "Use Global Sites List"?
  • Nevermind, I just saw the new options for which lists to use :-)  Awesome new feature by the way!

By the way, I know that in the Moodle description, it says that it creates profile AND blog posts.  But all the verified links from that platform that I've checked, are all profiles.  Do the blog posts just not show up in the Moodle verified lists, or do those particular sites only accept profiles?

And is there a way to submit an article article to the Media Wiki sites, rather than just a few sentences on the profile page?  The result from the Media Wiki submissions look like a profile page, even though we should be able to post an article on that page.

Thanks in advance
  • check "post to sites where it is clearly seen as SPAM" in your project option to post articles to wiki sites.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    A lot Moodle sites don't allow blogs. and if they do, they are private. However I managed to bet some posted there. By the way that engine was written by Ozz and was very unique...I don't think anyone got to know this in SEO before Ozz. Very nice one :)
  • Thanks Ozz.

One last question :-)  Can any of the platforms submit multiple links/articles under the same account?  Such as a Social Bookmark site, or any of the social networks that allow you to submit blog posts?

It'd be pretty cool if we could publish as many articles as we wanted to, for the sites that allow more than 1 blog post.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    that would work for tier projects and a new url that it chooses from the main one that is not present on the site.