Skip to content

Importing scrapes into a dummy project

Hello,

Are there any special settings that I should use for a dummy project into which I want to import my scrapes?
I have deduplicated the URLs before importing, anything else?

Can I use the Tier 3 URLs from a real project as URLs to build links to in this dummy project, or would be using 'google.com' in the dummy project better?

Thanks..

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    It depends on the goal. If you use Google.com there will be false verifieds on any site that links to Google.com so I would abort that plan from the beginning.
  • Thanks @Brandon. The goal is to process the scraped URLs so I can use them in real projects.

How do you guys setup the dummy project?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Since I do reputation management, I've got thousands of URLs that don't have any links. I would use one of those.
  • I like to use sites that pissed me off in the past.

I tend not to send a spam blast at Google.  Yahoo on the other hand.  Or just make up a URL.. Ya3hooz.com

Just some bogus URL but you still get the verified links from your scapes.

• OK.. Do you use any special project settings?
  • edited October 2014

I tend to check everything regardless of the footprint I scraped.  Even if you use the footprints from Articles/Wikis and Web 2.0 you can still pick up social networking sites.  Just because you scraped using a footprint doesn't ultimately mean SER can post to it or that's really what it is.

I do however, use the bad words list and try and avoid obvious p0rn sites.  I also don't like posting to domains with just an IP so I skip those.  I skip the adult-video category.

Otherwise, it's a wide open flood gate.

I scrape for specifics and import my targets but I tend to get a lot of other stuff while fishing.