Skip to content

A bit confused about the article manager & descriptions

I have an issue with content guys. I want to have strong contextual links but this is how it feels for me right now: I paste a spun article into the descriptions fields and let that run for a couple thousand links... I get that sinking feeling that it's overdoing it and my articles cannot be unique enough, despite how well-spun they are.

I was kind of hoping that SER would pull a random article from Article Manager and use it as the description because right now, I feel like it's far from auto-pilot, I'd have to be at the server almost daily, changing the description around to avoid poor content or duplicate content penalties.

Am I completely missing the point on how SER use content or is this common?

BTW I get my content from SEO Content Machine, which is great btw!

Comments

• Load up multiple articles in the article manager and then use this macro in the descriptions:

%first_paragraph-article%
  • edited October 2014
    Hey davbel!

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that there were macros. So I gather that this takes the first paragraph only? What if I want the entire article? I'm thinking of using %first_paragraph-article% for description 250 and then the full article macro in the 450.

This will be great because I have 20 articles in the article manager, this saves me big time.
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited October 2014
    %random_article% should do what you want, the 450 field is only 450 chars, so you'd be wasting most of the article.

If you want to know the other macros, right click in a content field and hover over insert macro.  There are also additional ones that aren't listed in the menu but are listed here:

http://docu.gsa-online.de/search_engine_ranker/macro_guide

• Oh ok, gotcha. Thanks so much!
  • Something isn't right:

I just used %first_paragraph-article% and it tests fine.

I then replaced it with %random_article% and when I test it, it says %random_article% in the test, so it's not working.

I even tried by right-clicking > insert macro and it does the same thing.

Is this a bug? Or did I just open a can o worm? :)

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    not all macros are working in the test/preview.
  • Hey sven :)

Thanks for taking the time to chime in. Noted!