Skip to content

CB & Firewall

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited January 2013 in Need Help
I have been reviewing my advanced firewall rules. I see that GSA and CB have set inbound rules in the advanced settings, but no outbound rules. 

Is this correct? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well it should allow outgoing traffic only. I just checked my settings here and they look OK. Can you make a screenshot?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town

Here you see no rules. Which I think is strange, as surely it needs permission to post to websites, or return capcha results?

Here are inbound rules:
    ok fixed for upcoming version.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - was something wrong here? I didn't notice any issues, but just found it strange. Curious to know what you fixed? 
    Noone uses that firewall anyway but for those who do, it adds an entry that allows outgoing traffic. Somehow this is not compatible with the XP setting and next setup will have this changed. But I didn't hear of problems with that windows firewall anyway.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'm using Windows 7, and it's standard on many of the VPS's. 

Should I be using another firewall software instead of the default? (Just means its another program to keep updated) 
    You don't need any firewall with GSA Search Engine Ranker as no IE or alike is used and can infect your PC. But I would go for comodo firewall (free and stable).