I realize that verification issues can be due to a whole myriad of different items, however last time I had reported these issues (a few months back), there was actually a legit issue with the software and the bug was fixed. I am also experienced enough to look for and test out the basic culprits (proxies, emails, etc). With that being said, here is my problem.....
About 2 weeks ago, I started using more SEs (English and non English speaking) with SER (92 total) and also "finally" switched over to catchall emails (yes, they are working and receiving all verification emails). I also started a completely new project (new keywords, new spun articles, etc). On the initial run, I noticed that verifications were very low compared to what I was use to receiving (20-30%). I stopped, made a few adjustments, and still received low verifications (5-10%). I wasn't able to test much, because I had to leave for a 2 week holiday vacation. Now that I'm back.....here are the tests I have conducted.
- With private proxies (80 threads with 30 sec timeout) - 437/29 verified. 6.6% verification percentage.
- Without proxies (100 threds with 30 sec timeout) - 362/29 verified. 8% verification. Percentage would have been lower if I let it run longer.
- New Hotmail acct (switched over from catchall. Left on overnight) - 834/28 verified. 3.3% verification.
Sources I am using (pretty broad, but I got great verifications with them in the past) - Articles, Forum, Microblog, Guestbook, Images, Blog comment, SB, SN, Web 2.0.
Now I have kept all settings consistent over a long period of time, other than my 2 latest adjustments mentioned above (catchall/more SEs). At this point, there are only 2 conclusions I can come up with, at this time, for the extremely low verifications.
1. Addition of more SEs, including other countries that are not native English speaking.
2. Bug(s) within SER that need to be smoothed out.
NOTE: If anyone else has been experiencing this as well. Please post here as this may help eliminate 1 of the 2 factors mentioned.