Skip to content

About Proxies (again)

edited January 2013 in Need Help
I just tried proxy-hub - I used buyproxies the past few months.

Anyway, I don't understand how come when I put them into GSA to test, one moment they can all fail. Then I test a minute later or even 10 seconds later after they just failed, and 8 out of 10 can work. Then they can fail again and then 7/10 can work. All this within a few minutes of checking many times. This is kind of the same thing that happened for my last month of buyproxies and I had to get it changed. But why is it that within a few minutes, there can be so different results?

Is it the way GSA checks it or something else is at play here?

So far, I'm still trying to get the 10 proxies to work properly on all my programs. Supposedly, proxyhub was meant to be better and was recommended right. Let's see.
Tagged:

Comments

• This happens to me when GSA automatically searches for new proxies. For example, I have it set to check my private proxies every 15 minutes. When I manually test them with my string there are 10 working proxies for example. But when the auto checker checks I'll get 20 working proxies. When I do manual, I'll get the 10 again.

I think the automatic checker might be using the default "microsoft.com" string? Can anyone confirm this? And can you change it to use your custom string?

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I have a similar issue. 

If I run 20 Private proxies on my 1 VPS, GSA shows all as working. I use the same private proxies on another VPS, and GSA shows them all as failed. 

I have just loaded these brand new proxies. Now to debug....while I even write this post the issue has gone away. Strange!
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    if your AV/Firewall don't block something than this could also be a hardware issue with your router in case you are using your home PC. i don't know how shitty your router is, because testing 10 proxies don't sound like it could cause some trouble, but you'll never know...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The automatic or manual testing uses the same functions and parameters. So if you get really different results here it is not a program issue in my eyes.