Skip to content

submission failed (you are posting comments too quickly)

LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
edited January 2013 in Bugs

Been hit with these submission failed errors recently

Example error and url

submission failed (you are posting comments too quickly) - http://autobody-vacuumforming.com/concept-e-car-with-reflector-augmented-pv-modules/trackback/

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    I recently stopped using trackbacks. I think the industry smartened up on this whole thing, so I wouldn't doubt if platforms have a minimum read time before a trackback can be placed. Just my theory.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Another similar one, this time on a blog. Error and url

02:13:17: [-] 760/821 submission failed (comment flood protection is enabled.) - http://www.catching-a-moment.eu.com/blog/index.php?showimage=402

• Got this too on blog comments. Had to lower threads.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Is there any tweak we can make to the file to make it wait x amount of seconds prior to posting, to beat the flood protection
  • only tweak i'm aware of is to modify the scripts.

;Will wait a given number of seconds before the form is actually submitted. This is usengines.eful to not trigger some robot detection system for some 
    ;Example: seconds to wait before submission=12
    seconds to wait before submission=

;This will only delay the submission if something in the variable content is found on the webpage.
    ;Example: seconds to wait before submission condition=stop_spam_time 
    seconds to wait before submission condition=
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Ozz is right, thats the only way to limit it and as this is not required for many sites, I don't want to make it an option. Anyway I had a look on these sites and I couldn't really locate by a cookie, script or form var how to manipulate this or detect its tracking.
  • I use a premium WP plugin Commentluv that has this protection feature. User has to wait XXX number of seconds before leaving a comment, user has to press XXX number of keystrokes before entering comment, etc. It also blocks out footprints that you can specify so users/bots cannot comment after arriving on the blog using specified footprints.

Need something like SB slow poster to post for such blogs.