Skip to content

Do GSA Experts Use Many More Engines Than Default?

As the title suggests, I am really wondering if GSA experts(those that successfully post lots of links) are using much more than the default engines that GSA Ser comes with? I am aware of serengines.com but is there anything more than that? Or do most "experts" literally create many extra engines themselves?

Comments

• I know some people that create their own engines, but for me that would mean hiring a coder (I think) and that's not something I want to get into as I can imagine them being just like a web developer and take months and months to do five minutes' work.

Myself, however, I modify the footprints each of the engines pulls. You can find thousands of footprints with a little search, not on this forum. I use Santos' Footprint Tool to import the footprints, but there is an in-built one in SER now.

Once you have your footprints, you could use Gscraper to scrape your own lists or pump them directly into SER and let it scrape for you - helps to have a dedicated server or 5 to get the most out of these new footprints. I do both and it works wonders. I spent hundreds of hours figuring SER out and have it working well for me. Compare your new engines successes/verified against the old and just think to yourself that not as many other people are getting those links and pat yourself on the back.

I've only just started diversifying into PBNs and other types of links to compliment SER, but in most niches I can destroy the competition with my SER verified lists only.

When setting up campaigns, it's all about ratios and tiers. Test it for yourself and document your findings so you can see what engines, what strategies and everything else works for you.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited October 2014
    Hi, expert here :) Just kidding. Personally I only use SEREngines and the defaults. Whilst SER will always post to the same sites you can mix it up with the options already included and post to loads more a well.
  • You can run standard engines, custom engines, and/or (as already suggested) edit the existing footprints to give you improved results, but at the end of the day, success with SER is mostly about strategy, which is where a lot of people tend to fail.

• davbeldavbel UK
    edited October 2014
    @judderman "...just like a web developer and take months and months to do five minutes' work" :))

I know plenty of these... :))
  • @davbel arrghh if I could design sites I'd be unstoppable. But I can't, so I have to deal with morons everyday. Every single one over 6-7 years are all the same: weird, no common sense, no business sense, no hunger for more work, no importance on ever getting their to-do list down, and just no personality to top it off. All must hail from the same weird gene-pool.
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    I have a number of custom engines files (around 9), and these are mostly to handle variations on platforms like Drupal/Buddypress that GSA cant do my default. The difference this makes is pretty minimal, I get maybe 12-14% more domains than I would without them.

For the most though, its stock all around for me.