Skip to content

Index Check

I posted a thread on here a while back asking about the index check feature of GSA but didn't really get a satisfactory answer. Does it actually work? Obviously, there's not much point building links if they don't get indexed and it's so much more convenient being able to do it within GSA rather than having to export the list to another program.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited September 2014

I'm not sure if you have ever tried identifying indexed websites, but it requires proxies, and those proxies become toast within about 60 seconds (if you are using a bunch of threads).

To be very honest, I have no idea how accurate SER is. I don't know anyone who tested it, and that is probably why you have been getting fuzzzy answers. But the way I look at indexing, it is fairly easily achieved through backlinking. It doesn't happen overnight.

I think the best way to get your arms around it would be to create a test project with something like 50 newly minted contextual properties. Shoot your links at it. Then run Scrapebox each day on those 50 properties to see what % are indexed. You will get a very good idea in quick order whether your approach is working. If not, then consider different link types.

I made a fairly long post about 18 months ago about what I was finding out about indexing. Even though my approach using services to help index are dated now, I did come up with some interesting statistics on the indexing rate for various platforms:   https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3698/indexing-things-i-have-learned/p1

Right after that, various backlinking services sprouted and really improved the landscape for getting properties indexed.

The thing is that a very healthy % of properties end up getting indexed between the newer indexing services and your own lower tiers making backlinks. Your decision point will likely be: How long should I keep a property that isn't indexed?

I would say the only rational way to do what you want, and still have very good link profiles, is to establish a time limit, say 2 months. Check indexing on all properties older than 2 months, and unfortunately, then go back and remove non-indexed properties.

Personally I can't afford to worry about this issue. I agree that it is not 100% perfect, but there is no way any linkbuilding software can do that without terribly compromising the proxies. I know that I will spill some milk and some business 'expense' by having nonindexed properties. But in my opinion, I can't afford to get too OCD about this. Yeah, I will have some 'dead' branches. I can live with it. But that's me.

I know I went off in a few tangents here, but I wanted to bring up the other points more as an fyi.

• Hi Ron, thanks for the link and for putting the issue into perspective . It's always interesting to hear what you have to say.