Skip to content

RE: New Domain Extensions - Not a valid URL in "URL"

edited September 2014 in Need Help
I've had SER for over and year and have made a point of figuring out stuff on my own. Unfortunately, Im stuck with this one.
For the past couple of days i cannot enter a domain name for a new project. Old and existing domain names seem to enter ok.

I'm wondering if its because the domain name is registered as .toys, one of the new domain extensions recently released. Has SER been updated to recognise these? Ive had SER check the domain and it says 'working', yet I cannot complete the setup as it continually says "

Not a valid URL in "URL". If i change the domain to .com it accepts it. Ive tried an uninstall and all the obvious work arounds.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    click on EDIT->Edit All and you shouold see the bad input.
  • As I said, Im not new to using SER. I have checked the obvious workarounds.

I have created a new project, it wont accept .toys domain.
    I have duplicated a working project, cleared urls and entered the.toys domain - not working
    I have typed instead of cutting and pasting the domain name - not working.
    I have uninstalled program and reinstalled and updated, setup new project - still wont accept it.
    I have had SER check the URL, says 'working', it will still not accept it into the project - same error.
    next version will support this. Im sorry but with all those new gtld it's just a pain. I don't know why everyone is screaming for the new gtld's so much. I always thought a .com and ctld is enough but hey...what do I know.
  • Not screaming. I just would like to be able to create new projects. 

The new extensions offer some really good opportunities to grab domain names that are otherwise taken and google will no doubt changed their search function to accommodate more targeted browsing e.g. .shop, .photography etc given time.
    yea and it's rediculous they even try to get there hands on .youtube gtld....How about a .gsa gtl domain? :o
  • what about a new extensions like:
    .date
    .faith
    .review
    .website
    .space

Can you add those too?

thanks,
    Bart
    those should be added already.