Skip to content

Which is the best location for a dedicated server (in my case)? Thanks

Well, finally I'm planning to go from VPS to Dedicated... too much problems with Vpss.

After see some providers, the main doubt now for me is the location of the dedi.

EUROPE or USA/N.America?

1. I will use the dedi only for GSA SER and related services
  2. My money sites are all in USA, same for my web-hosting
  3. I live 6 months in EUROPE and 6 months in South AMERICA (just for to know the distance from me and the dedi)
  4. I use mainly premium lists, so I think there are links of websites from all around the world

Initially I was thinking of USA locations, but I get better offers for European Dedicated servers.

What's the difference for the 2 continent locations?

Thanks a lot for any help!

Comments

• 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    The big difference your likely to run into is different hosts being more or less angry if you get any complaints (Which you can avoid with good proxies).

The speed difference when it comes to posting/your location is going to be really minor (In the micro-seconds usually).

Thats been my experience anyways.

• @1linklist
    Do you mean that maybe changing proxies with better ones, it will be make a great difference of VPS/dedicated speed?
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    I mean with most hosts your going to want to use proxies, especially hosts who are not explicitly "Seo" friendly.

The difference in price between "Seo" hosts and regular hosts is pretty large; well worth simply grabbing some from a place like buyproxies.org and getting the "regular" host.
  • What's the difference for the 2 continent locations?
    No difference. Dedis in europe are usually better/cheaper so buy one from online.net / soyoustart.com

There is only 1 difference between normal hosting providers and bulletproof hosting providers: on bulletproof servers you dont have to use proxies because they dont care about complaints .
    SER is working with proxies very good so you should buy regular host and proxies. Thing is - you shoud buy proxies in location of your server. PM me if you need help with servers.
  • @satyr85 @1linklist
    I don't understand what you say. Of course for use GSA SER I need proxies, private or public. I usuallly use 50 semidedicated proxies, but even if i buy a dedicated server I think I need to use proxies, if not the single IP of the dedi will be banned in a very short time.

• ronron SERLists.com

What @satyr85 said about the location of your proxies is the most important concern. If you use USA proxies with a Euro server, it will greatly slow things down. You can request Euro proxies from buyproxies, and I think most proxy providers will allow you to choose.

And @peterperseo, the difference in actual link building productivity is enormous with a dedi. Don't look back.

• bestimtoolzbestimtoolz High PR WEB 2.0 posting service - affordable !
    edited September 2014
    If you don`t want to use proxies try some bulletproof VPSes like godmodehost for example, but solidseovps (no chances to use without proxies) is faster have some comparison cos currently using both.
  • edited September 2014
    @bestimtoolz
    I never said I don't want to use proxies :-)

Anyway after so many people talking about bulletproof servers, I took some time and made my researches on google about what the hell bulletproof was.

I've found (also in this forum) some good and some bad reviews. The bad reviews are for the cheaper services, the good are for company (like godmodehost you suggested me) that are expensive, just the double of what I will pay for a dedicated with proxies...

So for now I keep buying a dedi with proxies ;)
  • @ron
    I'm just moved to europe for my new (and first) dedicated server :D

About what you wrote here yesterday (european proxies), today I wrote a message to buyproxies asking to change my US proxies to European proxies, but they told me that it depends of what kind of website I want to scrape/post, and not for the dedi location. As I'm only using lists (your red list is the last I've bought), I think it includes websites from all around the world...The website on a list are from so many countries, I guess.

Or maybe... as all my websites are on US, maybe it's better to use US proxies so I will post faster to US websites and slower/less to other continent websites. That can be better for ranking.

What do you think?

Anyway on the proxies I always use from buypproxies, I see mixed flags from US/EU...
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @peterperseo - I wrote to them and asked for all Euro proxies - and they complied. I think you turned it into a discussion with them. Change it to a request.

I used the USA proxies on my Euro server, and the times were horrible - in the seconds, like 2,3,4,5 seconds! The hell with that. Now I average around .5 seconds. The server starts by accessing the proxy. The proxy then accesses the website. Their logic is totally flawed. And you can tell them I said so. I have sent them more business than horseflies on a pile of horseshit. That was terrible logic on their part. Distant proxies relative to the location of the server is bad for business.
  • @ron Ok thanks, you are the best! ;)