Skip to content

Do Follow Question

I'm not getting many do followed links.. 70% nofollow 30% follow. Will it say that 70% of my links are useless? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    NoFollow is not useless. It's a good SEO sign to not have all DoFollow. However what kinds of engines you see with that NoFollow links? Try to disable them if you think it's enough.
  • So I can still rank my sites if I got 70% no follow? 

Another Question [If I get like 100% no follow links will the site still be able to rank?] Is it easier to rank if it's dofollow?
  • hi you can disavow if you don't want nofollow sites, btw it will trigger to de indexed your site 
  • ^^ trolling

Your site won't be de-indexed for having no follow links.  Having No follow is natural. 

You need to scrape some better targets or buy a better list to increase your do follow mix, or try setting up your projects to post to do follow only, but remember you will still need some no follow to make it appear natural.

• Actually, both DoFollow and NoFollow links are still important. It is just that almost every newbie or beginning SEOs think that only DoFollow links are more important. But the truth is that both is considered by Google in ranking and having your site as either an authority or not.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    @JohnJones have you got a link or something to back up that both are considered by Google?

I have done a fair bit of testing and I personally don't think Google even go through a no follow link and if they do they don't pay much attention to it.

Make two batches of 500 fresh contextuals, blast one with nothing but do follow anyone with nothing but no follow blog comments then compare the indexing rates of each.

I have personally stopped using any nofollow links with SER and don't see any reason to go back TBH.
  • I think you have to test on this issue like @shaun points out. The truth is none of us know what G favors for ranking purposes. We share our experiences here, but they are only snapshots of what may work at a certain moment in time. The algo changes all day, every day. To make blanket statements of fact is not possible. Test, test, and test.