Skip to content

Anyone seeing movement?

Hi all just wondering if anyone else has seen some weird up/down movements in the past week or so? I know that one of my niches is being manually checked so this could be the reason .. Loads of my sites got slapped for 1 keyword down to page 20, but today they're back. I know Google has a knack of boosting all my sites before they slap them into oblivion a few days later. Just wondered if anyone else has seen anything?

Comments

• My tracking software noticed subtle change on Friday and large shift Saturday.

My sites have gone up.
  • Late reply...
    For me the big loss of ranking for main kw in all sites was on Sep 3.
    Traffic was up sharply for 3 days before that.

Some main kw are recovering now.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    edited September 2014
    @spunko2010‌ our friend matt cutts tweeted something today about a panda update rolling out https://plus.google.com/+PierreFar/posts/7CWs3a3yoeY
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited September 2014
    Oh f**k off Cutts. This and the PBN thing. Unless they are the same thing.

This one is really massive for me, all of my sites are affected to some extent, some much worse than others. Oh well, dust off my shoulder and carry on...
    I think the whole PBN thing is wrong I actually think the PBNs that got hit were having poor content and got deindexed seems more realistic with this update rolling out
  • I thought Fatt Cutts was supposed to be spending time with his wife? Oh well, at least it gives those affected time to recover before Christmas.
  • @MorphMan could be right, makes sense. I'm considering ordering some more PBNs to see if it works still, or if the filter is only backdating.
    ;)
  • edited September 2014
    I had a big drop on 23rd.

This is also interesting, apparently google is introducing a new algorithm that is going to be able to spot footprints based on the relationship between inbound links to a domain (your expired domain) and the outbound links (links to your sites).

@MorphMan
    Where in SEA are you? Philippines? I'm going there in 2015. I agree that many PBNs have very low quality content, when analyzing my competitors I can see that their networks are spammed to death with spunned article (every one has an outbound link) and you can clearly tell that they're not real websites.
    @Desire_‌ I've had no drops ...yet, but I'm kinda super careful with my bread & butter sites I won't even point GSA SER to them, they pay my bills and put food on the table for my wife and daughter so I make sure I play by the rules...lol and yes I'm in the Philippines ;)
  • I've heard that Penguin 4.1 landed, maybe that's it?
    edited September 2014
    @mattsher50‌ did you read this thread?! About 8 or 9 posts up? ;))
  • Thanks Morphman, that video is interesting but quite long. The gist of it seems to be that Google is analysing visitors versus inbound links, i.e. why would a website with 1000 monthly visitors have 2000 monthly links created. An interesting algorithm change, but it hasn't landed yet, and I don't think this is related to this update at all, because I have far more visitors per month than links. But interesting nontheless
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    edited September 2014
    No drops on ANY of the sites in my PBN. But then my PBN sites only link out to 1 domain each, and have 5-20 legit articles on them. Call me paranoid.

I have seen some dancing on sites I've utilized public/BST blog network links from, but only slightly more than is normal.

@spunko2010, I think the idea of google correlating backlinks with visitors is never going to happen. Maybe for sites with analytics, and maybe ONLY counting bounce rates etc, but thats old news.

1, it would be easy to circumvent and 2, social media sites (Or just a link from another site) drive a huge amount of traffic. We all get hyper-focused on Google given what were up to, but only 30ish percent of total internet traffic even comes through them.
  • Anyone selling places on their PBN then? :D