Skip to content

verifying emails... threads down to 1, memory @ 1.5Gb

ok thought I'd better start a new topic as the old thread I posted in has an irrelevant title. Here's my 'problem' :

as gsa does it's thing, it gets to the 'verifying emails' part, and this is when my threads go down to 1 thread (from my set 400 threads), memory usage stays the same at ~ 1.5Gb, and for 24 - 48 hours zero else happens, no continued posting of links in the background.

Any ideas why this would be? If I close/restart gsa it immediately returns to posting links as usual, until it happens again, which is daily. It's driving me nuts :)

I *think* the reason the verifying emails part takes so long is because I have ~15 domains, each set to 900 seconds between pop3 logins, what I can't figure out is why it also stops posting (I have ~200 projects and ~200 tiers without a daily limit).

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    is that the latest version?
  • not the very latest (just updated today, as it happened again), but this has been happening for the last 5/6/7 versions.
  • and again with this version 8.95
    5/6/7 is not very precise...well next time it happens and you see it being on 1 thread for too long, feel free to press the help->send bugreport button and leave a reference to this thread.
  • ok, at least the last 5 versions :)

It's still doing it now, have sent a bug report, and referenced this thread :)
    but on that thread you have like many many projects running and not just one thread!?
  • many projects, 1 thread (from 400) while 'verifying emails', 0.41 LpM

no submissions are taking place for the last 4 hours or so.

If I close/re-open ser, I get 400 threads, many submissions, LpM ~150

Do submissions not continue while emails are being verified?

=======================

correct, on email verification SER is not able to start new submissions or can speed things up much.
  • ok got it thanks, though damn, that hurts for 24 - 48 hours :(
    you use the option to decrease threads on 1600MB memory. You have it to more than that and so of course its all slow. You should not use so many active projects / threads.
  • I'm confused - I already have it to decrease on more than 1600 memory? Also, even with less active projects, it still needs to cycle through the verify emails, no?
    it does but just one thread is running in the hope to decrese memory usage again. You however have sooo many projects running that the threads, even if set to 1, are not helping to decrease memory usage.
  • gotcha... I actually did set it for 50 projects per 20 minutes last night after your previous reply, and that seems to have done the trick - thanks mate for your time with this, much appreciated :)