Skip to content

Projects Completely Stall, but SER Doesn't Freeze

Everything used to run fine, but now I can only run campaigns for approximately 30 minutes before SER simply stops completing tasks or updating threads. The application doesn't actually freeze or become non-responsive, but my projects just stop creating new messages, building links, or doing anything with the threads that have already been started.

While it's stalled, I can still click on things, play around with options, edit campaigns, etc. But the messages and stats at the bottom of the project window (such as the # of running threads, submissions, verifications, proxies, and even CPU usage) just stay the same, and SER stops creating new things to do.
I can even click the "Stop" button, and it will change into a "Start" button but doesn't actually stop anything. And if I try to close out of the program, it always tells me that there are still projects running. In fact, the only way to close SER once it gets stalled is to end it through Microsoft's task manager.

I've now had this problem with 4 of the last 5 SER updates. Everything seemed to run perfectly through plenty of previous versions, and I can't think of any changes I made that might have caused this behavior.

What can I do to help get SER running properly again without losing my campaign data or program settings?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    try sending a bugreport from help->send bugreport menu and make a reference to this thread if it happens again.
  • Thanks.
    This time, it stalled out on me after a little over an hour. I waited about 15 min. before pressing the "Stop" button.
    I'm pretty sure I successfully sent out bugreports both before and after trying to stop it.
    got your bugreport. Can you send me the project backup? Seems to be something on the spin that is broken and I can not debug this without your exact project.
  • Sure. Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like my project backup is approximately 123MB in size and ends in a .SER file extension. Presuming this is correct, how would you recommend that I send you this file?
    upload on e.g. rghost.net
  • edited August 2014
    You should be able to download it here:
    <remover>

Got it...but might not be able to debug this till monday.
    hmm wait that are all projects...i would need the name of the project that was still running
  • Sorry, I normally run multiple campaigns simultaneously (usually with the Scheduler). I'll try to get it to stall again while it's only running one project setup to post to Article and Web 2.0 sites.
  • edited August 2014
    Alright, here's one project that stalled out when I tried to stop it with nothing else going on:
    <removed>

I've recently been running several other projects with the same basic settings as this one, so I would imagine they've all got the same problem(s).