Skip to content

Out of Memory

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Running into a issue that I've never really seen or never really seen anyone post before.   I've got some pretty powerful dedi's running GSA pretty hard,  On one of the server I have something like 50 Projects all running at one time.  Submitting about 40k - 50k Links a day after 4-5 hours of constant running It will pop up and say GSA is out of Memory while I check the dedi  It's barely using the CPU Or the Ram. 

Can GSA only run so many projects at one time before it won't work any longer?   Also, How come this is a issue that is just coming up now while i've had GSA for a long time and this issue has never once arose till now.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    for "now" you mean what version? Also keep in mind that RAM no matter how many you have is limited to 2.1GB of it.
  • Ahh that could be it than.  a few of the server i'm running have around 16g Ram and i'm barely touching it.  but I just started seeing this pop up  after the last 3-4 versions. 

But at the same time GSA is running like a beast lately.
  • @Hunar
    Use the scheduler function and run about 10 projects at the same time.
    I had the same issue and since I use the scheduler running only 5-10 projects at the same this issue disappeared.
    You're probably creating really spun content like me (I'm using KM).

btw I have about the same server specs. 8GB Ram (so a lot of Unused CPU and Ram power)
    Submitting like 50-200K links daily :)
  • nice tip with the scheduler .. i kinda overlooked that ... i got ~ 50 projects with 4 tiers .. this setup runs not realy good because i loaded alot of urls and so it uses too much ram ..so i will try to scheduele them too ,)
  • What scheduler are you guys talking about? Does GSA has one?
    If so, how do I access it?
    click the down arrow on the Start/Stop button.
  • Strange... Does anyone have the same problem like me? Cause my GSA always freeze if i use this scheduler. I use 10 project with 30 minute setting.

I have around 50 project with 2 tier.

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Try clearing your duplicate url list.

Dont ask why, but thats what I do when it happens and it seems to cure it

• Try to reduce project per schedule..I calculate my setting by dividing Todal number of project by 'time SER takes to complete one project'..

with my settings and proxy speed, SER usually finishes one project in 30 minutes. So if i have total 150 projects i just need 5 projects/30 minutes .. this will keep SER always busy and wont take too much resources at a time
  • done it, and i didn't use collect keyword also. Bellow is my setting :

- The content i use is from ACW and i use 100K generic keyword from BHW.
    - Use 30 dedicated proxies from buyproxies with 100 thread 180HTML and 10 search queries.
    - Use dedicated server from mydedis with 16GB memory with 2 tiers - 50 project on the GSA
    - I only run CSX3, GSA SER and GSA SEO indexer with 25 thread.

anything that i miss???
  • I only run SER on VPS with 3GB ram and 3 processors ..still manage to run it fast and no hangs..Only thing i am doing different than you, is I only use 3-4k keywords per project [always use different keywords for each project, this helps increase my sitelist] .. and I use content from local hard disk..i don't import content in to SER [not sure this affects efficacy of SER]
  • OK @hyde suggest me to change the verify link from automatic to custom time 7200 for tier1.

I will try his suggestion. at the mean time i have set 5 project 30 minute for the scheduler.
  • i would say set it at 3000 ..somewhere Ozz said that SER deletes submitted backlinks after 5 days [I am not sure if SER deletes submitted backlinks even if its not verified]..so my understanding is, if links are not verified within 5 days may be they get deleted. Either way 3000 minutes [or 2.5 days] is more than enough to identify links which are dead
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    yes, general time range to check verifications is 7200 minutes (= 5 days) which is also configurable in the engine files. search for 'verify timeout=' within the script(s) to modify.
  • thanks Ozz for conforming it..it means if you are using option 'custom verify' time ..its alwasy good to check 'don't delete urls' option [to keep your submitted links]
  • OzzOzz
    edited January 2013
    yes, "don't remove urls" will keep your submitted urls entirely. but keep in mind that your submitted link list will grow huge by time if you have 'no-limit' projects with low filter settings. this will cause more memory usage i believe as all submitted links needs to be cached and the verification process lasts longer as well when trying to find your link again and again.

"don't remove urls" is only recommended for article- and link-directories IMO because some of those platforms/sites may need some time before your post will be approved.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What's the advantage of using the scheduler? Unless you have too many projects for your VPS's resources?
  • I still have no luck with the scheduler... Is this because to low of switch for next project time. I use 10. Now i'm pause around 10 project and only run 37 -  2 tier project with tier1 200 verify each day and tier2 custom time 3000 with submission each day 1000.

Let's see how it goes...

edited January 2013

@darman82 disable the option to monitor memory usage.

Also note that latest versions can use up to 4gb of ram on 64bit systems (didn't noticed that in change log).

Next version will not go nuts on a 64bit system with that message on 1gb but 3+gb ... hope it fixes it for you.

• i don't know, i'm using mydedis PRS Mini with 16gb memory

ok i will do that.. thanks...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - just to confirm - So does GSA SER now run on 64bit with 4gb ram? I thought there was a big discussion about it staying at 2gb...when did this change?
    I said I will not compile a 64bit version. Though with some tricks on the memory manager I made it to use up to 4GB on a 64Bit system.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Sneaky! So is there an advantage to running it on 64bit over 32bit? 

What would you advise?
    You don't need 64bit...all thats needed is 16bit ;P
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Wahooooo bigger submissions totals, no loosing an hour doing vps reboots :D
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited January 2013
    @Sven

You mentioned : "Though with some tricks on the memory manager I made it to use up to 4GB on a 64Bit system."

I am on version 4.96 and it does not want to use more than 1GB RAM

Would you mind telling how to get it to use 4GB.

On the moment the memory is driving me nuts, because even i stop everything and make all inactive, i still get an Out of Memory message with GSA ser when importing 50 Kontent Machine data files for a new project.

I know you said no for the 64bit version - but darn it would be really cool if i can use all my available ram

EDIT: I notice it goes up to 2GB when running projects But instead of importing 50 Kontant machine data files, i had to reduce it to only 8 otherwise i get out of memory ( even when everything else is stopped and inactive )
  • Same problem here... how to solve this problem, i have to stop half of my project now.
    You get that message with just importing these 50 files or when running a project with that much data imported?
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @Sven

I get it with all projects set to inactive and everything stopped, 0 threads running -- Then I create new project select all but 2 platforms ( video & doc sharing), Then Tools \  Autofill \ Use Kontent Machine \ Import \ -- Select all the datafiles i exported with Kontent Machine ( 50 is max)  -- I then get the Out of Memory message.

• @sven, from your calculation. Can you know how many project that we can run in GSA SER if we use this setting :

- select use all the engine
    - didn't collect keyword.
    - 100 Submission a day
    - didn't use global list
    - didn't use PR or OBL

Just the basic project. Can you know how many those project that we can run? cause when i run with scheduler i have a freeze problem.