Skip to content

Out of memory - when saving projects

edited December 2012 in Bugs
I'm on the latest version of GSA SER, and now, when i try and 'backup all' projects, it comes up with the text below. No projects are running, and there are no threads in use (it's only set to 100 anyway). Never encountered this before:

---------------------------
GSA Search Engine Ranker v4.83
Out of Memory!

Sorry but you use to much active projects or to many threads.

Please lower that to a number where the program runs stable.
OK   

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Oh how many projects are you trying to backup?
  • Only 8 projects. I've previously had a lot more projects to backup, and done so successfully in the past using the same steps, so not sure what's causing this issue!?
    can you go to the project fodler and see how big this all is?
  • edited December 2012
    ahhh ok. Just had a look, and it comes in at 1.60GB, with 1 file alone 'x.new_targets' being 1.56GB. 

I've just removed the file, as it was for a project i no longer had interest in, and it's now backing up as normal. 

Thanks
    hehe ok that 1.6gb was the problem than.
  • hmm just an idea.. wouldnt it be good to compile GSA to x64 ... so it can use more ram ? ..
  • ohh ;) danke  ozz for pointing me there ,) grüßchen ;)
  • nichts zu danken. gern geschehen :)
  • I too am noticing a 1 meg growth per day in the backup file size with only 2 projects running.  Why is it growing so much?  After a few months it will be gigs also.  This would be impossible for me to copy it off the vps and bring it locally as a backup.

Can this be compress more?
    Compression is normal zip...I can force to use a better compression but that needs more memory and takes longer...I don't want that really.