Skip to content

Can i installed Pirated Windows 7 OS in Dedicated Server?

Hi,

I will be purchasing Dedicated Server online.net , I don't have original OS with me . Can i install pirated OS?

Regards

Comments

• davbeldavbel UK
    edited August 2014
    WTF has this even got to do with SER?  Shouldn't you be talking to the server company?  Even then don't be such a tight wad. 

• looplineloopline autoapprovemarketplace.com
    I think Davbel is right this is the wrong area. 

Also I think its the wrong question.  Having worked with dedicated servers running both Home/Pro/Server editions of windows that were both in my basement and in a data center, I think the question should be

"If I don't know if I can install a pirated copy of windows 7 and I didn't even know enough about that question to state which version of windows 7 it would be, then do I even begin to have enough knowledge to actually remotely install and configure an OS on a server in a data center?"

The answer to that question is No.  So the short answer to your question is, you don't even know enough at this point to ask the correct question, so you should heed the standard warning label "Do not attempt this at home".  :)

Jesting aside though, windows 7 home doesn't even have RDP, so you would have a much more painful time getting it setup, you would need Pro to get RDP, which is going to be ideal to connect.  Next you need to figure out how to load this OS remotely, which isn't going to be "hard" persay, but it is going to be harder then you think. 

AT the end of the day, your going to spend more time messing around with trying to install this to save $20 a month, then its worth.  At what point you never get around to use SER to make any money, its really pointless to have a server in the first place. 

My advice is let the server company install windows, pay the premium for a legit license and go make so much money that $20 a month (ish) for a windows license isn't even a discussion. 
  • BuySERListsBuySERLists Vancouver, Canada
    @loopline - game, set, match.

Never ceases to amaze me that people can be so concerned about $15 a month for this, or $10 a month for that... yet they spend thousands of dollars worth of productive time trying to avoid spending it.
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    What LoopLine Said.

Yes, its possible.

It also means going in through shell, mounting the ISO, configuring the network, and not locking yourself out/shutting down your box.

Most providers will include a version of windows for free; why not just go with whatever that is? (Usually Windows Eight Server.)
  • Hi,

my dedicated server is now up and running...hurry