Skip to content

Link Verification

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Hi Guys

I havent been using the system that long but I think I have most of it figured and tweaked quite well. I seem to be having some challenges with 'verified links'

Q} Can I run a campaign to automatically re-verify the existing links that say they are verified?

I  am running some multi tiered campaigns using the verified links as the source for the next tier. When i go and manually check some of the links I find links that link to a dead url or a url with no link drawn from the verified list of the tier above it. I then stop the project, open the verified links list and reverify. I usually get quite a few that are red i.e there is no valid link. Is there a process where I can run a 'campaign' at the end of every day to reverify the already verified links to pick up on errors and ones that have been deleted by moderators e.t.c

I know there is an option to set the time to verify links in project option but my understanding is that just verifies links that are submitted but not verified? Or does this reverify existing links too?

Does that make sense?

Tagged:

Comments

• Q} How are links verified on tier projects?

1) Do they check that the anchor text used actually shows on the site which means it is verified?

OR

2) If it is a tier project does tier 2 check to see if it has a link to a live link to Tier 1?

Say I manually delete 5 links from the verified list in tier 1 do all the links pointing to that link in tier 2 now become flagged as 'dead' and deleted and then this carries on to tier 3 etc...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Q} Can I run a campaign to automatically re-verify the existing links that say they are verified?

A} Sorry, not now...but it's on the to-do list

Q} How are links verified on tier projects?

A} It simply checks if the submitted URL is present on the site after submission.