Skip to content

registration failed - inurl:registration=disabled

I am getting tons of these registration errors (see title). I have added over 800 new keywords; anything remotely having to do with art from Google keywords. Could these errors be because SER is matching my keywords to websites that do not allow any access? Anybody else get these error messages?
Thanks,

Comments

• This is if a Wordpress blog disabled new user registrations. Has nothing to do with SER :)
  • Thanks @theseo1. I was not getting the errors messages until I added 800 new keywords. Could it be that my new keywords are responsible for SER trying to access all these Wordpress blogs that don't allow new  user registrations? I was under the impression that it was better to have lots of relevant keywords, although some of them are only tangentially relevant.
  • Some blogs allow it, mostly unmoderated / fresh setups. The more 'professional' a wordpress blog / installation is, the more often you'll face this message.
  • Okay. Thanks very much @theseo1.

• Can you tell GSA not to post to sites with registration=disabled in the URL? I think it would save the trouble of it trying to fill anything out (I don't think there are any forms on that page, regardless) - I don't know. Maybe try it out, having a good list of sites/places not to post is a good thing (for example, adding mythem.es to the blacklist is a good thing because it's a honeypot).

• @zero the URL shows up after wp-login page. If there's a link to register, SER clicks the register link at wp-login.php. THEN registration=disabled appears if the registration is disabled. That's how the WP CMS works and there is no way around it. You can't know if registration is enabled or not by the wp-login.php. In some cases there's the registration link removed, but then you get a different error message.
  • @theseo1, where in SER can I tell it to avoid sites with registration=disabled in the url? Is it in the general options someplace or in the project options? - Thanks.
  • @velsytetra you cannot. SER will try to register to it and if registration is disabled, it will show this as a result.
  • Wait. I see it in the options.
  • No you can't. SER doesn't know before hitting the registration URL if registration is enabled or not in some cases.
  • Oh. Okay. I put it in the options because I thought it would be in the url string. But I'll take it out.