Skip to content

How To Get GSA Ser to Use Continuous Updating Proxy File

Hello

I am using a 3rd party software to get new proxies which updates every 1 minute, I have GSA Ser using the file but can't see how to have it continuously update the file in Ser as the file is constantly updating.

I have to manually add the same file for it to get the new proxies.

Is there a way that this can be automatic.

Thanks for any help on this.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. options->configure->add/edit proxy sites->uncheck all->add a new one.

2. set it to parse from file

3. in proxy option set it to search for new proxies xyz minutes

• Thank you so much Sven,

It worked perfectly, I really appreciate the great help.

Thank you again.
  • mlsto, which software are you using for the proxy list?
  • I am using No Hands Proxies, seems to be getting good proxies for now.
  • And why dont you upload th file? So you can still using GSA sources PLUS your own file, yoiu just need to get some $1 USD hosting that offers FTP (Almost everyone).

Are you using just anon or checking against Google o any other site?
  • Hi Yenerich

So you are saying to also use GSA proxy searches and my file? I am getting anon and it checks against Google.

Upload the file to use the URL? Is that what you mean? No Hands Proxies outputs new proxies every minute and removes the bad ones when it checks. Can you explain about the FTP, what exactly you mean?

Thank you very much.
  • Not sure if the proxies I am using is causing this but getting a very low lpm of about 0.04 was much faster and also getting "No Target To Post To" errors.
  • Hello

I have done the following but not seeing any new proxies coming into GSA Ser, I have it using the file that has the proxies which updates every minute but nothing comes up. If I manually add the file they show but does not do it automatically.

Please advise as my VPS just reactivated my account after saying I am abusing IPs.

Thank you for any help on this.
    please try using private proxies not the public once. You never know if they are anonymous or stable.
  • Thank you Sven

Budgets are not good now but can you advise why the proxies are not updating like before, I did what you said before but it is not auto updating.
  • edited October 2014
    @mlsto

I tried this option before (auto fetch proxies from a specified file) and it's not working though. I guess there is a bug that needs to be fixed by @Sven.

well give me details,

- what file looks like

- whats the log in SER when parsing proxies...

• Sven

The proxies come as this from the file:

186.91.255.92:8080
    196.220.97.133:3128
    222.124.189.98:8080
    46.209.63.205:8080
    77.88.206.42:3128
    190.207.1.66:8080

If I add proxies manually it just keeps testing these same proxies but does not update the proxies.
    SER just says "searching and testing for new proxies" "testing 0 proxies" "proxy testing finished"

If I load the proxies in SER says searching, testing 56 proxies (which is what I put) and testing finish and keeps repeating this.

Thank you
    Please post the full log when it tries to find/test new proxies. Could it be possible that the proxies are already in the list? In that case it will not test them unless you tell it to with the option to test all proxies (good or bad).
  • The list is empty I am thinking because it is not getting the proxies from the file it is parsed to. I add the file using Add Proxies > Import from File it get them. But now I have it empty and it is not getting the proxies in the file.

This is what the log shows, I have it set for every 1 minute and to test all bad/good proxies and for Public only.

22:20:45: Searching and testing for new proxies...
    22:20:45: Testing 0 proxies...
    22:20:45: Proxy testing finished.
    ok the log does not show any parsing. Did you check the box of the proxy provider after adding it?
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    edited October 2014
    @mlsto

I have done a post with a video showing how to use an external proxy file that automatically updates every X minutes, maybe it can be of help --- over here : http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/gsa-search-engine-ranker-updating-externatal-proxy-file/
  • Thanks Sven and Royal

Will check it out and get back.