Skip to content

Success Rates better (and faster) without Captcha Sniper

edited August 2012 in Need Help
I am new to GSA SER, so I am just "getting my feet wet", but I have a
couple questions (one for this thread, and one in another thread
probably). I am impressed so far.

I was wonder if anyone has noticed similar results when using Captcha Sniper (or run any specific tests).
cost
I have run four test sessions - two with Captcha Sniper as #1, DeathByCaptch as #2, and two with only DeathByCaptcha. I have noticed two things about this.

1.) Processing is MUCH slower when using CS. I only get 30-50% as many submitted and verified.
2.) When using CS, the amounts used from my DBC account are less (obviously, since fewer are being processed), but my "cost per verified link" is actually HIGHER! This is VERY strange. When not using CS, I got one verified link for $.0075. When using CS, I got one verified link for $.0129. This is almost double.

So, the results of my (limited) testing with Captcha Sniper shows I get 1/2 the results for twice the (average) cost. Unless I can figure out different (or someone can explain to me what I am doing wrong), I will not be using CS with GSA SER.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thanks for sharing this. One other thing might be interesting as well. A session without any captcha service (+ don't ask user). I wonder how many links get created with that as some (not that much yes but still) might not need any captcha and if they do it's skipped and no time on that is wasted. I think you will still get a lot verified links with that config.
  • I think a lot of these services use captcha. My guess would be that results would drop pretty significantly if not using any captcha solving at all. That being said, it is definitely worth a try. I will see about doing that in the next couple of days.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes, it will skip a lot of good targets. But than again you might still get to other good targets earlier as it is skipping any captcha sites.
  • Do i get it right? 

With CS you face twice the cost as without and you have a poor result?
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    @DavidA2: Have you installed the 32 extra captchas for GSA?
  • David,

Id really like to know what youre looking at and how you're determining cosets/time etc.

From all of the tests Ive done, and Ive done them pretty much exactly as you have, I come up with exact opposite results ... faster and cheaper links.  Shoot me an email and let me have a look at your set up
  • ronron SERLists.com

Ahhh, Mr. Captcha Sniper. Glad to see you on the forum! It sounds like you have GSA and are using it.

I have a favor - could you please let us know which of the 91captchas we should be selecting for GSA? I get the impression that selecting all could cause a drag in efficiency. If anyone could elaborate, you would be the man.

Thanks!

• you could try this setup. it doesn't include everything but it allows for no size conflicts and i get pretty good results:

ArticleMS
    Wordpress Articles

B2Evolution
    Kohana
    Lifetime
    Micolog
    Typepad/MovableType
    VivvoCMS
    Wordpress

Generic
    Pligg

Freeglobes
    IndexU
    PHPLD

Dolphin
    Expression Engine
    phpBB2
    PHPFox
    PunBB
    Yabb

@lex Guestbook
    Akobook
    ArdGuestbook
    BellaBook
    DRGuestbook
    EAGuestbook
    EasyPHPGuestbook
    GuestbookScript
    Perl Guestbook
    Phoca
    PhpBook
    Silentrum
    'Enter Word Verification in box below'

Gallery 2
    Shutter
    Zenphoto

Tikiwiki
    WikiMedia

GSA - Unknown Guestbook 2
    Beepworld.ge Guestbook
    Bastiu Guestbook
    Gaijin.at Guestbook
    cpDynaLinks Directory
    miniBB
    Advanced Guestbook 001
    TYPO3
    Wordpress 003
    ClipBucket
    bolegaindia.com
    Open Link Directory
    iDocScript - Document Sharing 001
    iDocScript - Document Sharing 002
    Hyper Guestbook
    Maian Guestbook
    Maxibook Guestbook
    Scarbook
    vlBook Guestbook 001
    vlBook Guestbook 002
    xeobook Guestboook
  • ronron SERLists.com
    That's what I was getting at. Many thanks!!!!
  • thanks for the list of the CS, i hope mikey will soon update the CS so that CS will auto select the captcha type and increase the solving rate?
  • Hey guys...all I can say is thanks for all the info/support. CaptchSniper...thanks for your input. theorbital...thanks for the list. I have been busy for the past couple days and had not checked back here. I am glad I did now! This forum is great!

I had turned captcha solving off completely for a couple days to see how it went. I will make these changes to CS and crank it back up and see how it goes.