Skip to content

After Import Template (Options, Data...) and changing URL, old URL still remains

I created a template that has the options, data and engine selections and when I import it into a new project and change the URL the original URL that was saved still remains and you don't see it in the input box.

I actually discovered this by accident when it was creating backlinks to a URL i didnt want. A workaround was to go to the Edit All for that input field and remove the URL that I didn't want.

The problem is you don't see it in the input box so it can be confusing.

What I would really like to do is be able to create a template WITHOUT a URL/Keyword/Anchor Text so that I can create new projects that have all the settings I want and all I have to do is be able to just put in the new URL and corresponding keywords/anchor text.

Is there any way to do this?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm you can do that when manually editing the template with a text editor after saving it.
  • edited July 2014
    Great tip Sven I'll definitely do that.

Is there variable for to turn on/off Time to wait between two logins? (I see only pop3 wait time=900)

Also try the case I mentioned above, I think it might be a bug.

The main thing is the user has no idea there is multiple URL's there in the input box after you delete the URL.

The only way to tell is if you go to Edit URL.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ...or click the "count" label ;)