Skip to content

GSA lowers the amount of threads by itself.

Hi

I've started a GSA project today and it was running smoothly until a few hours ago, it started to lower the threads by itself, I have it set at 100, but it's constantly <20. I have tried stopping GSA and re-starting, it starts from 100 and then goes down again. Is there any reason for doing this? How do I make GSA continuously use 100 threads without lowering it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    This happens due to verification of emails where not many threads can be started as emails have to be checked in sequence.
  • @Sven, the project is not verifying the e-mails though its status says submission.

use pastebin.com and post a bit more of the log please.
    sorry can't spot any issue on that.
  • I have thread lowering and returning when Identify Urls started
  • @Sven: How exactly am I supposed to fix this problem? I've tried literally anything and nothing works. It's ruining my campaigns, been like that past 10-15 hours.
    well do you get any verified urls at all?
  • @Sven Yes, I do. Right now threads are going like <=5. It took ~1 hour to build 77 backlinks (verified) using a list. I've contacted SeoSolid VPS and they told me it's nothing related to their configuration, everything is running smooth on their end, it could be some settings that are causing this. I'm running GSA SER (8.74) + GSA CB (2.65) + GSA Indexer (1.83) on the server.
  • I've tried GSA SER (8.07) and it seems the threads won't even start. It just says 0 and GSA SER won't do anything at all. I haven't been able to use GSA SER past 15+ hours and no one has been able to help me, what am I supposed to do? I have Team Viewer installed on the server, if you could come and see what's wrong maybe Sven? I'd appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.
  • Are your proxies marked as working? (ie your bottom bar doesn't show P: 0)
  • @cherub: Working, and bottom bar doesn't show P: 0. I've also contacted SolidSeo VPS about proxies (since I have proxies from them as well, and they confirmed they are working as well).
  • Yet another weird problem, it seems all the engines went missing from the project options, now I tried adding another list to the project, it started working and logs went nuts with 'no engine match' for ALL the links. I clicked edit project and boom, half settings were gone.

• Hmm yes if there are no engine .ini files in the Engines directory, then SER won't know how to build links. I'd reinstall, and check that the Engines directory contains ~650 files.
  • @cherub: That was happening with the older version, when I use the newest one, it works fine (engines and all the options), but the Threads problem is still persistent. I'm so confused, and have no idea what is going on. The solidseo support team said they NEVER had such a problem either.
  • Ok, I moved the older version to the folder where GSA SER is, and looks like the problem with missing engines is fixed. Looks like threads are back to maximum now with older version as well, the new one is still having problems. I guess it has to do something with GSA SER at the end.
  • Ok, it seems the threads going down again, I am wondering, is there anything else beside GSA SER that could be causing the threads to go low? Maybe Windows, or other stuff that blocks the GSA SER from using many threads?