Skip to content

[REQUEST] Auto add anchor - can we get interface access to the text?

GloGlo
edited December 2012 in Feature Requests
There doesn't seem to be a way to customize this from the project data and I can't find it in the program files. It would be great to be able to change this up.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    change what? You can edit anchor text and how it's placed and where. What else do you need?
  • When it places a short sentence at the end of a comment like "please visit my blog - anchor text" I don't see where these sentences are kept. 
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines\generic_anchor_text.dat

I believe that is what you are looking for. That is the location of it on my computer.
  • @theorbital

I already looked there and that's not it. Those are the anchors themselves. Thanks though.

• Here you go. Sorry, did see your post right under @svens with the more clarification

you will have to edit each .ini file in the Engines folder you want to be different. Shown below is the blogspot.ini file but each comment platform should be similar.

• @theorbital

Oh wow. I was kind of hoping they wouldn't be there as the only location. I understand it's probably done that way because each engine may have a different format for creating links. Any modification to the ini for each engine will just get overwritten in future updates so I probably won't mess around with it. Too bad the text of the tail comment wasn't centralized. Maybe one day...

Thanks!

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Remember that you can use tokens in the text and then it will place them there instead of at the bottom. It basically uses that default if you haven't used a %URL% token. 

Have a search for macros and read all the articles here and your problem will easily be solved. :-)
  • @GlobalGoogler

Right, I'll be looking more at tokens now, thanks. Hopefully it can be setup to take into account the different kinds of linking code for each engine and use the proper one each time (html vs bbcode, etc).

• After looking at tokens/macros I would still like to know where the location is for this as it would just make things much easier for setting up quick projects (and to avoid footprints). Since the linking format is different for each engine, especially when it comes to guestbooks, putting tokens into the main comments won't be consistent from what I can tell. 
    If there is a way to embed anchors where it will reference the ini to use the right code (HTML/BBCode/something else) I would appreciate if someone would let me know. 

Anyway, here is one example about how it's handing things now: Akobook ini does not have any postBody information, however, if you have "place url/anchor in comments" enabled it will pull it from somewhere. But from where? I can't figure it out after looking at the ini.