Skip to content

Importing Site Lists Global Options Pane

edited June 2014 in Need Help
I was going through the options and realized there are some that I don't even know what they mean / couldn't find documentation. Just had a couple questions. 

Global Options > Advanced > Tools

Add URLs from project

Why would anyone need this option. I guess if you didn't have the "Verified" checked in global options you could add them manually. 

Import URLs (Identify platform and sort it)

Where does GSA import these into? Your verified folder?

I think this also happens automatically when you import a site list. (.sl format)

If that's the case I think I better option would be to just import the URLs to a project and add them that way. I could be wrong though. 

Import URLs (holding site lists)

What does this even mean? 

Parse verified URLs (others linking from same URL)

Same thing here, no idea what this means. 

On a different note, What log is this error message referring to?

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/3x00ov

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Add URLs from project - as you figured it, it will just import ready made links to the site lists

Import URLs (Identify platform and sort it) - it imports it to the identified folder of course as it doesnt know if submission can be done or verified,

Import URLs (holding site lists) - do a search on pastebin.com with certain inurl footprints and you see it listing a lot urls we can use.

Parse verified URLs (others linking from same URL) - take a look at a guestbook and you see a lot links that can be used from other posts to submit. Almost same as a site list.

screenshot: the log from main window is meant here.