Skip to content

Can't Seem To Get Any Do Follow Contextual Links

Hi Guys,

After having done a lot of research watching videos and reading these forums and other blogs, it seems getting contextual do follow links pointing to my Tier 1 links (web 2.0 and some PBN) is a good strategy to follow. The problem is I can't seem to get ANY links when firing up a GSA project with these guidelines.

The project setup is as follows:

-Check only do-follow/contextual engines
-Fill content with an import from SEO Content Machine
-Options are straightforward: I ask for PR0+ links with less than 100 OBL and nothing much beyond that
-Type of backlinks to create under 'options' I have all selected
-I use the USA Google, Yahoo, Bing search engines
-Keywords I input about 1000 niche related keywords I scrape with SEO Content Machine
-Run on 300 threads 130 html timeout (although with only one project it stays below 100 threads most of the time) 
-Run this on my powerful home computer that can handle up to 500 threads + 50 mpbs fiber connection
-Skip hard captchas
-Use Catcha Breaker only
-Have put one new Gmail address for the project that sends spam mail to normal inbox
-Use GSA auto scrapped public proxies (for now)

Ive ran under these settings for like 12 hours and I got 2 verified (one article on some korean site and one social network with a link that doesn't even work). I do get some submitted but alot of them get stuck in the "Awaiting Account Verification" which I dont really understand how it works...

Im relatively new to GSA (less than 2 weeks) but I've used the software successfully using other engines that get comment links and indexer etc..so my problem seems to be these do follow contextuals.

If anyone can point me to where I could be messing up, it would be greatly appreciated (is it just because of using public proxies, or maybe I need more than one email for the project, or is it because I need a human captcha service, or is it that I should be putting general keywords instead of niche specific keywords...?). 

Thanks!

Comments

• MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    If you are a new user it will take some time to build up a global list of contextuals to post to unless you purchase site lists.
  • My suggestions:

Remove the OBL filter. Contextual engines create a new page anyway, so there is no need for this additional overhead.

Don't use gmail addresses. Every report I've seen about their use in SER has been bad. Try some Yahoo or Hotmail addresses with spam filter disabled from one of the many suppliers that have cropped up, or better still use some self-hosted email accounts or catchalls. And use between 5 and 10 email addresses per project.

Scraped public proxies (as you seem to know) are gonna hamstring your submissions. As is the PR filter.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I will try setting up a catchall email and will remove OBL filter.

In terms of building up a global list of contextuals - should I be putting a huge list of generic keywords for this or should I be sticking with my thousand or so niche keywords? Should I be scrapping seperately with GSA or just running a project handles this already? Is GSA's scraper good enough or is purchasing Gscraper/Scrapbox really a must?

• I've been trying to learn about Scrapebox lately and I can tell you that using footprints + keyword to search for platforms you know are contextual do-follow will explode the number of target URL's you can post to.

I would say it's worth your time looking into. The GSA Scraper can do the same thing, but scrapebox has a lot of other useful features.
  • Are there any contextual do follow only lists being sold?

Is there a good GSA scraping guide anywhere - I'd rather not get into scrapbox when I haven't figured out GSA properly yet.