Skip to content

Best Link Removal Tool?

I have a site that got penalised in Oct 4th update. I've been submitting Disavow lists for the past 8 months...and they still come back saying that certain links are bad. Usually article directories and wikis - in the past I used to go bonkers with WikiBomber and AMR and those links are coming back to haunt me now. They worked a treat a few years ago. 

Tempted to move on from the domain, but it's got some amazing links (you can't buy these types of links) attached to it as well which is why I've stuck with it. I've tried loads of tools from Linkquidator, manually going through paid Ahrefs and Majestic, SEOProfiler and many more, but still G spits it out and gives me 3 examples of the bad links. I've just ran it through another link removal tool and it said there are 34k bad backlinks but I don't want to pay $500pm for their service and don't believe that amount of links one iota.

Anyone got any more ideas, any more tools? Or should I just move on and start again? I make the same revenue as before from PPC with it, but obviously me doing the SEO means profit was huge as it costs pennies compared to the costs of PPC.

Comments

• I would use Majestic SEO to find the bad links. You are looking for a big gap between Citation Flow and Trust Flow. Download the list and sort them. A bad link would be Citation: 30, Trust: 3. Anything where the gap is bigger than 10 would warrant a look.

The problem with any of the tools is inaccurate data. Google's link profile and Majestic's are entirely different. Any of the commercial link tools will be showing links that were recently removed.

You can also try dumping links that you've removed into an indexing service. I might get them de-listed faster.

The best tool is (gasp) GWT. I can look at a URL and pretty much know if it's spam or not. Link detox sucks ass. 

Can you get your killer links redirected (not 301) by the publisher?