Skip to content

EDU GOV - still posts to .com .co.uk etc...

Hi

I have chosen the options to just post to edu and gov sites

1. no search engines
2. no global list
3. imported edu / gov domains - import from file
4. !.edu and !.gov

screenshot attached ... any advice most appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2014
  • anyone ?
  • Why did you make SER to skip sites containing .edu and .gov extensions? Aren't they the want you want :D
  • RuFFCuTRuFFCuT UK
    edited June 2014
    @StoimenIliev That is also how you target specific site extensions, he hasn't blocked them...

@mehul1977 I can't see properly but it looks like you have a space between the ! and . - it shouldn't have a space, copy and paste this: !.edu !.gov

• ok i will try that, and do i have to pick platforms or will it just go through the imported list ?
  • You have to pick a platform, just check all and un-check the ones that you don't have the content filled in for - it's usually PDF and Videos that I un-check.

I was running a project like this yesterday so this should definitely work. 
  • Hi

I have scraped a list using scrapebox, in your opinion what platforms would the majority of edu and gov sites fall into?

Thanks
  • I would say either comments, articles, wikis. There may be a few forums and other engines too; do you have WAC or similar?

WAC will auto populate all of the required fields so you can just check all apart from video and pdf.