Skip to content

Global site list location

Hi,

Some clarification please.... I never changed my settings for the folder location of identified, submitted, verified, failed on advanced settings so all are pointed to \%AppData%\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker

Which has as expected a long list of 575 files such as sitelist_dolphin.txt, sitelist_drupal - Blog.txt etc etc

The question is, how does SER know what within that folder are the verified links?.

My assumption is as the folder location of all 4 types is the same, it hasnt a clue which are actually verified ones!.

Please clarify :/

Comments

• Paths to sitelists should be like that: 

Why do you have them all pointed to the same folder?
    :-/
  • edited June 2014
    Would have been the default at one point I guess, I only recently got interested in settings again, have no memory of changing it but guess I should do now... What's the best way to handle what i have already?
  • If they indeed point to the same folder, it means that all links, all useless targets links like failed and identified are piled up in there. At this point its either cleaning them from dupes and treat them like some major scrape, i.e. try to verify them and keep verifieds (or whatever else you keep), or to dispose of them alltogether.
  • Got them going to separate folders now, bit annoying after building lists for two years...
  • Indeed I am doing an "identify platforms and sort in"... got quite a nice VPS now so shouldnt be a complete pain.

Might even buy the 30K verified list going on this forum lately too as a boost.