Skip to content

ability to use macros for email settings

edited December 2012 in Need Help

I see that you can use macros for email settings. Please can someone explain how this works?

Thanks

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You can either set a file or a folder from where it will get the data. 

I.e. you can have a file with different hotmail accounts. Then you go %spinfile-FILEPATH% and it will grab a random line from that file and use that. 

Just keep your password the same for the different emails. This way you can swap emails nicely. :-)
  • what is the exact syntax for the eMail definition ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

you can even use the following now...

my e-mail: 
    %columnspinfile-email-accounts.txt-1%

server: %columnspinfile-email-accounts.txt-2%

login:  %columnspinfile-email-accounts.txt-3% 

password:  %columnspinfile-email-accounts.txt-4% 

and the  email-accounts.txt should have the following format...

account@domain.com,
    pop3server1.com,mylogin1,mypassword1

account@domain.com,pop3server2.com,mylogin2,mypassword2

It will use random emails and the related accounts for it but (!) on verification it will also use random accounts to login. So it might take some time till the one is chosen that holds the emails we need. Sounds a bit complicated but thats how things are ;) I will try to get the other thing implanted where you can use multiple accounts and a better way to configure things.

• the previous strategy that I have describe for catchall will still work. This is just an alternate way of doing the eMail and NOT a complete replacement. Right ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    yes of course, everything else is still working.
  • Well this is actually pretty neat alternative for free email accounts of what I asked here:
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1140/feature-request-here-is-my-suggestion-for-neat-solution-for-emails-if-it039s-possible-to-be-done#Item_9

Now, may I ask what happens if we enter 500 email accounts in email-accounts.txt file for let's say 10 projects. What happens when each of the inbox reaches like 350 mails (for example each) and then software will be able to recognize what is what and where is what should be where and what... LOL I'm already confused with this. :D