Skip to content

"Use new engines" option

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
Did a search, found nothing. Does this just mean that those grey checkboxes get automatially selected, i.e. the newer engines added since we started the project?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm no, it means that new engines from one update to another can be enabled using the popup menu for selected projects.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Ok.. so does that mean that - unless we create new projects - these new engines don't get used otherwise? I assumed they were automatically selected when updating.
    Of course you have to enable new engines in projects. That popup function is helping to use new engines quickly on them without going into each project.
    OK.. Thanks. So how would I go into each project manually and enable the new engines? I assumed this was by checking the checkboxes from grey to white (and obviously ticked)
    just check the box to a [X], gray simply means not all engines are checked under that category. You can simply go to the engine itself and check it.
    Ok yes that's what I meant in my opening question. So it appears they are the same. Thanks
  • @spunko2010 where are you seeing this option?
    I'm in front of SER now but if you right-click on any project it's about 8 options down from the top.
  • edited May 2014
    spunko2010 I'm using 8.46 right now, and I don't see the option to use new engines. I right click on a project > Modify Project, and that option isn't there. Was it removed?
    hmm you don't see it because I forgot to add the new engine to the setup. Will fix it later.