Skip to content

List management in GSA projects

In response to concerns I had with GSA reloading lists more often the longer project runs while the amount of production reduces. I have been told: it is very important from time to time to delete URL cache and then right click and select use/load URLs from list to make sure the project have loaded the newest link lists additions. Before applying this advice I was wondering the following:

When I delete URL cache will I lose my verified URL list in the project? How often should I delete URL cache - by right click use/load URLS from list - does this mean - import target URLS > from Site Lists?

Also, when and how should I add URL new  lists to my projects - any time or when? - is too big a list less efficient in GSA? Can I add the list 1 time and have all  projects to have access to a master list? Can I add an auto-approve blog list in GSA without being previously sorted by engine etc.

Bottom line - I am looking for best way to manage my projects and lists? Any smart advice or where to find it - is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    When I delete URL cache will I lose my verified URL list in the project?

- No your verified URLs will still remain. Clearing the URL cache just deletes whatever list you had imported. So if you imported a 50,000 list and let the project run for a while and 20,000 URLS were still left, if you cleared the cache, those 20,000 remaining URLS would be deleted. Then you would need to import another list to continue posting again.

How often should I delete URL cache 

- That's up to you. You can clear it whenever you want but if SER is building links and working good, I don't see a need to clear it. If it starts slowing down and you want to "refresh" the list, I guess you can do it then.

by right click use/load URLS from list - does this mean - import target URLS > from Site Lists?

- Which option are you referring to here?

Also, when and how should I add URL new  lists to my projects - any time or when?

- For me, I just right click and import target URLS but you can also go into advanced options and identify and sort-in, then pull straight from the global site lists. If I have just scraped a fresh list, I prefer to just import it into my project directly instead of sorting it first so I can see how the list performs. If I mix it into my global site list right away, I'll have a mix of that new list and all the other URLS that were in my global site lists before. It just depends on what you're trying to do.

is too big a list less efficient in GSA?

- You probably don't want to go too big on the file size, but I'm not sure what the recommended max file size is. I believe has it set in a way so if you import a list, it loads the URLs in chunks instead of all of them into memory at once. Again, I'd still not go too crazy on the file size.

Can I add the list 1 time and have all  projects to have access to a master list?

- Yes in SER this is called the global site lists.

Can I add an auto-approve blog list in GSA without being previously sorted by engine etc.

- You can import any URL list you want and if it hasn't been sorted, SER will detect the engine automatically. 

I know I didn't answer everything but hopefully that covers some basic questions you had.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thanks @s4nt0s for this long answer :)
  • edited May 2014
    s4nt0s - Many thanks! For your detailed answer to GSA list management - I now have a grip of understanding I desired.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Awesome. Glad I could help :)