Skip to content

SER appends "RK=0/RS" to URL's, what causes this?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what feature (or if its a feature) that causes the string "RK=0/RS" to be appended to URL's?

It's not clear if this is specific to SER or not, however Google returns a lot of site owner complaints: https://www.google.com/search?q="RK=0/RS"

I'm asking because it seems some spam plugins are triggering on this string now, and causing autosubmitted complaints. We'd like to disable this if possible.

Thanks.

Comments

• I believe that may come from scraping Yahoo search results. Do a search on Yahoo (yeah when was the last time anyone did that!) and check the urls for each of the results. They have the 'RK=0/' etc string that needs filtering out.
  • Looks like you're right, thanks!
  • But wow, looking at the search results for that url parameter on Google really shows you how much of the internet SER (or other Yahoo scrapers) is touching!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm where should SER add that? In target URLs?
  • @Sven That's from Yahoo search scraping. Scrapebox adds the same thing to the end of all scraped URL's. Maybe Yahoo made a change.
    ok will try to resolve this.

fixed in next version. Or who want to fix it himself can add:

preparse replace=/RK=;"x="

to each yahoo search engine in se.dat

• Hi Sven,

It looks like this started happening again in the latest update, is there anyway you can check? (It may have something to do with a URL already ending in a /, so it ends up being //RK=, but I'm not certain.)

Thanks again.
    that would get replaced as well.