Skip to content

Did This Feature Get Taken away?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
Before This last few updates.  

SER,  If you had enabled Global Sites lists,  If there were no more new sites to post to the program would simply just start using the search feature of the program,  Lately for whatever reason this program no longer does that.  When it runs outta sites to post to it will simply not search and will keep on displaying over and over 0 / (Whatever Number Here) Site to post to.   

Why was that feature taken away?   It made it so automated, Now,  I cannot use my site list unless i specifically enable it  than I have to monitor it for when the 0/1200 thing shows up.  

Hopefully this is a feature that can be turned back on,  maybe not a lot of people knew about it that part of it,  But that feature alone has done so much for me.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

There never was such a feature. If you did not enable to use search engines, it is not enableing it for you when no new targets are found in your site lists. Instead it is the other way around...

1. It takes all URLs from imported URLs + those found by search engines

2. If there are not enough targets left to supply each free thread with a URL to work with, it asks the global site list to deliver some URLs to post to. 

So the global site list is only used when search engines don't deliver enough results. But of course only if the use of site lists are enabled.

• Sven, would this work on a brand new project? ->

Import xxx amount of target URLs, enable global sitelists, enable search engine results, and then start the project. Would all three sources be used in the order I listed or will there be conflicts?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes it will work without problems.