Skip to content

Web 2.0, massive fails

edited November 2012 in Need Help
So, I am using good proxies ( only using 10 threads with 120 proxies, all clean and tested and working ) and a new email per run.

Im only running web 2.0 project and im getting like 37 submitted and 1 verified.

In my debug log I am seeing pretty much a ton of required variable fail for "about_yourself" and "url" missing.

I haven't changed anything in GSA, I pretty much run it default with DBC as my solver, how do I correct this and get better results? I am selecting all web 2.0's and only running that and getting only 1 verified no matter what I do per project and it seems like a waste.

Any advice would be awesome
Tagged:

Comments

• The one verified your gettting is that xfire by any chance?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It seems this question get's asked a LOT and many people have a similar issue. I haven't used the web2.0's enough to offer advice, but maybe someone can do a post on how to submit to web2.0's? (Maybe @S4nt0s?)
  • JamesJames SEREngines.com
    I second this.

I have tried with good proxies and without proxies.

The web2.0s are on its own project.

I have tried with AntiGate and DBC.

I have it on 5 threads.

With AntiGate I see captchas going in (ReCaptcha), but the threads stalling and when I stop the project it says "the captcha service didn't reply" or something like that.. I have used Antigate with all my other projects in GSR and its fine.

When I change it to DBC, I get 9 Submitted and when it goes to verify, it shows 0 Submitted and 0 Verified.

Not sure what I am missing here.
  • I haven't had a single Web 2.0 verified in months. I think those engines are just not for GSA since those sites have fancy stuff/HTML/PHP going on in their sites (like when you register, post, etc.).
  • Have you tried manual captchas? I have not used web20 in a while
  • edited November 2012
    Well Ultimate Demon doesn't have a problem posting to those web 2.0. How come GSA does? UD posts just fine and when i compare the lists most if not all of those web 2.0 are the same.
  • Not much of GSA expert, but I guess that Engine templates for web 2.0 need a bit of updating if you keep getting "about_yourself" and "url" missing errors?
  • mikie46 

No, it was technorati ( 1st run ), 2nd run ( as a 2nd project ) was datahub 
  • edited November 2012
    Yup the web 2.0 sites are constantly changing their templates to counter bots like these. Senuke,UD, and magic submitter do a good job of keeping up with these changes but since this bot is an ongoing work in progress maybe we'll see more frequent updates to the templates in the future
  • edited November 2012
    Hopefully soon I want to help Ozz and counter act these updates, bugs and captcha, I already have alot of ideas that can be updated quickly now that can improve the performance, I have noted them all, flaws, engine types /directory and url/form indescrepencies.

If we can pull together (and hack) and make this tool more useful then we can all benefit..

@Ozz pm me and I will try and datamine some updates and list them for for you, been a while since your last update, I've already updated the ini files myself but it's annnoying when an update comes and I have to re-write the GSA script for several engines..

Unless I can start making updates myself??

Would be nice to see some more contributors... I would like to see Sven's software running at full speed paying attention to the verification process in particular (I would like to improve verification), I already have many success and failed dialogue (not within GSA), working on captcha, have ton's of sites through my own (unique) footprints..
  • I am also having a lot of problem using SER on web2.0

Please do some fixing on this :D

thanks and god bless you mor sven and ozz

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    @dmtaylor247: Thanks for the offer, but I don't think that we have to do this in private. The reason for this is that my knowledge for scripting is very limited regarding to make the scripts actually work with SER. Sure, I know some stuff in theory, but practice shown otherwise and I'd always need the help from Sven to make them working.

Because of that I think its best do this in public and suggest to start an new discussion in the "New Engines / Platforms" part of the forum. This way will assure that Sven can assist when questions occur.
    But honestly, I don't know if I have that much time I can invest into scripting atm, so I hope that some other might step in as well and doing some research or just ask the right questions to get things going again.

Regarding "a while since my last update" I've to say that I do all this stuff in my spare time. Because of that I don't feel that I'm bounded to deliver updates or pushing new projects all the time. I do that when I'm in the right mood for it and like to do some service to the community.

Furthermore I don't like the fact that almost none other than me (exceptions prove the rule) has tried to publish scripts or push new projects so the community can work on it. Merely this is caused that just a tiny minority is "in to this scripting thing", but I know of some cases where people kept their scripts in secret. I know that noone is forced to publish them, but its not motivating at all to me. Hopefully the platform trainer will changes some things once it will be released (not anytime soon, I think, haha).

Another reason for my abstinence is that I know that Sven is investing a lot of time to code another software and I don't want him to distract from this. In fact, most of my own "GSA time" is going to test and help him with this one to make this a product where everyone will benefit of from the start. 

• Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be rude Ozz, with all due respect, but this is quite discouraging for new users such as I am... You basically said that you won't update scripts on GSA SER because no one else is doing so and Sven is busy with other project... So GSA SER is going to be forgotten?

Just as you said, not motivating at all especially as I was so looking forward to see GSA updates more and more...

Regarding scripts, here is suggestion for you. Find a guy who is good at coding scripts, make monthly subscription for that, like $7.67 and have him update scripts all the time on a daily basis... He will have motivation to update scripts, your users will be happy, you will get load off your chest... I would be more then happy to pay for scripts updated on a regular basis as GSA without updated scripts can become pretty much useless...

Just a suggestion...
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    I think you need to know that I'm doing all this things for free in my spare time. I'm not an employee of this company.
    And noone said that there won't be any updates anymore. I'm sure that those scripts will be updated soon enough, but Sven has only two hands and the day only 24 hours, so we have to be patience for the moment.
  • Well this is a lesson for me not to talk about things that I don't know about...

I sincerely apologize. I had no idea that you are not part of the company as employee...

Sorry once again...
  • Actually our industry need web poster..all the web tools are useless..take an example.

.senuke = only handful web2 sites supported..if u r going to do scripting..its night mere

Ultimate Demon = only support 10 or something real web sites..

Zenoposter = again u need to do scripting as well as updating the script

Sven...how about u make a new tool or add on for SER..where u create script for top 70-100 web2 sites ( registration as well as posting).. u update them regularly...that would be the best web2 tool..and I don't mind paying 50 or something monthly fee...

Really we need someone like Sven behind web2 tool..who knows how to make kick ass tool and I have never seen any IM tool that updates like SER..
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Would be nice to see some more contributors... I would like to see Sven's software running at full speed paying attention to the verification process in particular (I would like to improve verification), I already have many success and failed dialogue (not within GSA), working on captcha, have ton's of sites through my own (unique) footprints..

---I think that if it saved failed submissions per project to a specific file it would allow us to quickly see which platforms are giving errors and need a closer look. Then we'd be able to focus on those ones and improve the submission rates. This would be step 1, for the majority of users to find out which platforms are not working optimally. 
  • edited November 2012
    There aren't any contributors because no one else is sharing. There's no incentive - monetary or otherwise.
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    >I've already updated the ini files myself but it's annnoying when an update comes and I have to re-write the GSA script for several engines

@dmtaylor247:  you just need to rename and save your modified scrips from "general blogs.ini" to "#general blogs.ini" for example and after that you check "#general blogs" where you select your platforms and deselect "general blogs".

once you notice an update (sort by date in ../GSA search engine ranger/engines) you can update your modified script accordingly.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Guys I've asked Sven recently about the platform trainer. For anyone that doesn't know, this will be a more "user friendly" tool to help regular users create scripts. Sven said this is still happening and he is working on it so all of you guys just be a little patient and everyone will have a great solution for this.

Have some faith in Sven :P
  • ronron SERLists.com

> Furthermore I don't like the fact that almost none other than me (exceptions prove the rule) has tried to publish scripts or push new projects so the community can work on it. Merely this is caused that just a tiny minority is "in to this scripting thing", but I know of some cases where people kept their scripts in secret. I know that noone is forced to publish them, but its not motivating at all to me.

@Ozz I went to bed last night thinking about this comment, and all of the work that you have contributed, and it made me very sad.

Some people might think they are gaining an 'edge' by keeping stuff to themselves, but they aren't. GSA has grown so big that nobody is tripping on anyone else's toes with their linking profiles. The platforms are just too diverse.

Just for the record - in 15 years on the internet doing stuff - I have never seen a software developer as committed as Sven, and I have never seen a contributor in a forum contribute as much as Ozz.

All I am trying to say Ozz is that I applaud you for all that you have done. You pushed Sven and he pushed you, and look at how great this product has become. Those of us who have been here from the beginning know this is true. So thanks dude!

And while I am at it, I also want to give a shoutout to @mikie46 for his outstanding work with CS definitions. It has made a big difference.

• Hey @ron, thanks for the warm words. Really appreciated.
  • edited November 2012
    I am not an expert but something I do know is that web 2.0 properties are a challenge.
    Those engines (as someone pointed out) change their platforms on a weekly basis to avoid spam. I have tried even monthly paid services that were supposed to update the script all the time and so far I have not found one that works.

The point is that there is a need for an efficient way to post on web 2.0. We can't depend only on article sites and dolphin type of blogs to rank our sites, as we need pure quality in our Tier 1 and web 2.0 are ideal for that.

I do think this is the best tool in the market, but we need to brain storm an efficient solution that will keep the scripts updated.
  • Efficient? Hire a VA (full time) - that's how we do it, manual, good work. Of course its pricey, but hey.. we hav well over 1000 created - and only 2-3 got removed due to niche content (gambling). 

• mmtj. I know but I am talking about automated.

If we can find a way to update the scripts weekly the properties will be up and working.
  • If you guys want to have a tool that posts to High Quality Web 2.0 site you must pay for a monthly subscription tool. You will NEVER get a one time fee tool that posts to these quality sites because they change more frequently and they need a LOT of time to get fixed. And time = money.

By the way , I tried UD,Senuke, Magic Submitter. UD is slow like hell ! , Senuke out of the box will get you only 16/18 links from web2.0 site and you can rinse and repeat of course. Magic submitter  ( out of the box ) win the race on this with about 35/40 links from high quality web2.0 site and you also can repeat this with new accounts/submissions.
  • i am also agree to pay monthly fee for new platforms and constant platforms updates. But person must have it as full-time work, because need to update engines constantly (daily)!
  • Is there any fix at all to for the moment to submit to any of these web2.0 sites? I got "download failed" for every try.
  • OzzOzz
    edited December 2012
    "Download Failed" is caused mainly due to bad proxies. Another reason could be that the sites are actually down at the moment or your connection is very slow and the sites won't load up within the timeout range (-> HTML timeout settings)
  • edited December 2012
    ok have check my proxies then, thnx Ozz for the tip.
    Updated:
    I used my StrongVPN connection with only 2 submitted. The rest was "Download Failed" :(