Skip to content

Change Log Window to a Summary of Log Message Types

varthdavervarthdaver Sydney, Australia
The log window spits out way too much information to be useful, really.
I'd like to see the log window to just show a live summary of the number of times each kind of error is cropping up.
This will give me much better insight into any problems that are increasing, such as proxy failures, or no engine matches, etc so I can take action to fix the worst issues.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Oh, it is very useful actually. In conjunction with notepad++ the log file is a killer for finding out many things. 
    A summary view as you describe it wouldn't actually help with anything because you would know how many tines an error occured, but not know where the error comes from. 

Maybe an option to disable positive messages [+] in log, so you only see the problem messages [-] (which would greatly reduce the amount of text in the box) would be a step in the right direction. Also introducing a differentiation between regular negative [-] like no form found, no engine matches etc. and elevated negative [--] like script error, no email, need new article etc. would be great.

besides, I think this post should go into the SER section, not the indexer section :P
  • varthdavervarthdaver Sydney, Australia
    Totally love the severity filter idea.  Shall I re-raise it over in the SER section?