Skip to content

What emails are you currently using?

Hey guys, what emails are you currently using?

Outlook/hotmail seem to be banning them en masse at the moment...  SER still allows you to login and shows that they pass the test but if you login manually, I am finding that they are telling me the account is suspended and I need to phone verify. You can skip and see the inbox but the pop3 isnt operating although it is set up correctly in the settings.

I have only noticed it recently as I was getting fewer contextuals verified.

So, what email provider is everyone using?

Comments

• From what I've seen, e-mails will work fine when you login through pop3 but when you try to login through your browser, it will ask for verification.
  • edited April 2014
    I am not so sure, the emails had not been read by SER and there was no POP folder on the left hand column as there used to be...

Verifieds from engines that require email verification are down too.

• I had thousands of emails on my outlook accounts despite I set SER to delete them after verification, have no clue why it doesn`t, I see verification proces runs and verify something but don`t saved them as verified. I made a test ,created new mailbox on my own domail I never used on sending messages or building backlinks to so it is 100% clean, I created about 500 backlinks (submited) ,when I open manualy my mailbox I saw all the confirmations with links inside but when SER trying to verify them I see it veryfy them sucessfuly by don`t save them as verified.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    I don't think Outlooks are the best option, we've run a few tests and they are among the worst in our results.

Rediff (now require phone verification), Nokiamail, ABV and GMX were the best. The only problem is getting hold of those types of accounts.

The best commonly available accounts we tested were Yahoo's.
  • @thomas73

Thanks.  Something has definitely changed with that recently then. 

I don't quite understand the last part of your comment though.  Are you saying SER is not verifying properly or the emails are not showing as being read?

Thanks for your input.  I have seen you comment on the Wizmail thread about these types of accounts.  Are you finding that to be a good solution currently?  Have you ever tried laposte?  I was using those successfully for quite a while but haven't been able to make any recently...

Might buy a batch of Yahoos and see how they go. 
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @brumnick - You're welcome mate. Yahoo's work nicely.

I don't want to slate Wizmail or anything like, but i have to be honest and say it's very hit and miss. What seems to be happening is people starting using accounts heavily and in response the company sets up phone verification or IP limits on creating new accounts. So then the software stops working through no fault of the creator.

So for that reason it's probably safer to stick with the more established emails long term. GMX are looking very promising and we found a bulk supplier, but i want to test them for a few weeks and see if they are good over the long-term.

Wizmail hasn't created Laposte's for me for months, so i've never had the chance to test them but i heard good things.
  • Thanks mate, some good advice there.  I was using account creator for laposte but hasn't been working recently.  I will have a look for some yahoos and see what the craic is with them.

Cheers!

If anyone else has any ideas feel free to butt in! 
    3:-O
  • So you telling me that mails I create with AccountStream not working even if they are ok on SER test?
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    I use a mix, I had a feeling hotmail/outlook accounts were causing some issues. I use 1 yahoo and 1 outlook on each project now just be on the safe side
  • Custom emails from my throwaway domains. Works nicely
  • Buy cheap domains, host them, setup catchall emails, and I've unlimited emails to work with. Works nicely for me too...
  • Olve1954 but you need to use different domain for all new projects right? Having same mailbox for all projects can mess up the link/email checking.
  • I found the self hosted email is the best and most reliable option to get a higher verified rate,recently tried outlook but will be dropping it as after just one day I lost 500 verifieds due to account problems.
  • @wicked01 How do you do the self hosted email?
    I have unlimited emails I can make with hostwinds but how do I login to them
  • Yes @Nitros, you do need a different domain for each of your projects, but I can give you a generous tip - setup subdomains...

@Khaos88, here's how you do self hosted email,

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/626/details-on-using-catchall-emails/p1

Note: you should also inform your web host not to block your VPS IP. Mine was blocked, coz it was retrieving emails too fast and my host thought it was a ddos attack...
  • Thank you buddy @Olve1954
  • I bought 500 hotmail POP3 enabled accounts on fiverr for 5 bucks. All working perfectly.