Skip to content

Odd bug - SER not counting text files of URLs properly when identifying and sorting in

Strange bug @sven, and I don't know if it's actually causing any problems or not but it's odd nonetheless.

Here's how I discovered this error. I took a list of URLs in Gscraper and deduped them by URL which came out to like 5.1k URLs. I exported this list.

I created a new and empty identified folder for SER. I took that list of 5.1k URLs and used the identify and sort in feature of SER into this empty folder. When the operation was complete, I had something like 4,800 identified and sorted URLs and 1,700 unknown URLs. How did SER end up parsing 6,500 URLs from a list of 5,100 URLs?

To confirm that I'm not crazy, I had someone else replicate this test at a smaller scale and ended up with an inflated number just like I did.

Where is SER pulling these extra URLs from lol? More importantly, could this be causing any other issues?

Comments

• I also tested this to make sure it wasn't just him. I put in roughly 45 and put them in identify, came out with 65 somehow. No idea why this happened.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats normal. As in new versions SER can add one URL into more than one category. Many Wordpress based sites e.g. match a "Blog Comment" and a "Wordpress - Article" engine. SER does no longer adds the URL to the best matching engine but to all that would match.