Skip to content

Why has all my campaign details disappeared after the 4.61 update?

edited November 2012 in Need Help
I just updated to 4.61 and now all my campaigns submitted and verified links have disapperead??????

Not only that but all my campaign settings have also gone! Is this normal? Every other update has been fine.

Please can someone advise as soon as possible?

Thanks,

JD

Comments

• Some serious issues with 4.61. I hope sven takes a good hard look at this update including what its doing cause its crashing my server.
  • Yes there is I wish I never updated now.

I was starting to get some results, granted that all down to this software which I love. Just abit gutted that all the details have gone and all the links that had been submitted.

Await your response Sven please

JD
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    is your project folder empty? 
    -> C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects ("appdata" is hidden, so make sure to make hidden directories visible)
    if thats not the case than backup the files in ...\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\ first and reinstall SER again. don't forget to start the tool as administrator and maybe reboot your system after reinstallation.

@mikie46: your post wasn't any helpful in this thread and is just an assumption. i doubt that the lastest changes to SER could cause any issues about the stability or memory issues at all.

• Thanks Ozz,

Will try this. Not that techy so do you know how I put all that data back into the software after the re-install?

Thanks in advance.

JD
  • the data will not be deleted. reinstall the soft and restart your system.

i asked you to backup just as a precautery move.
  • This did not work Ozz any other suggestions?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Just to reiterate the problem, all links submitted and verifiried gone for my projects. And all campaign data has disappeared aswell!

Please can anyone who knows about this problem respond as soon as possible as if i have to go through set up of each campaign again I may aswell start as it is going to take ages!!!!!!

JD
  • @Ozz if you dont find it helpful maybe you guys should be reading and replying to https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/1024/gsa-cs-crashing-servers#Item_3 which has been conveniently missed.

It has affected my server and since iv upgraded 2 days ago my server has crashed for 2 days straight following those updates. I am not alone. If its not the updates what is it? No changes have been made to those servers.
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    there is no single reason to bitch around in other threads though if you don't have anything usefull to add to the topic.

i feel sorry for you, but i'm not a representitive of GSA and i'm more or less just a user tries to be helpful. and no, i don't have an answer to everything nor i have been right all the time. sometimes you have to be patience and wait for help by sven.
  • Ozz are you using 4.61 successfully?

No problems? Also please can we keep this thread on subject no offense guys appreciate all your thoughts.

JD
  • jmd_webs, you didn't answer me if your projects still exists within your appdata folders. if thats the case you have the possibility to open "...\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects" and zip all files within that folder, rename the zip file from *.zip to *.ser and restore it in SER (right click project window -> modify -> restore). 
    i suggested this in this thread but as the user didn't report back if it had worked i can't really tell if this works.
  • How do I rename it to a .SER file? It just stays as a zip file when I try to rename.

Tried to upload zip file didnt work.
  • Thanks Ozz, but unfortunately still didn't work.

JD
  • just to make sure. if you open the zip file you see all your project files and not the single project folder, right?
  • Yeah and I have left all those files in there current format or shall I change them to .SER aswell?

I also tried creating a back up from with in the software as I could see the files and uploading that and that had no luck either.

JD
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, I have no idea how to help you anymore. We have to wait for @Sven.
  • Thanks hope @sven is here soon.

JD
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Hmm sorry guys but as Ozz mentioned, nothing big changed in last versions that could have caused this. I don't really know how to help you here really. If the data is lost (no longer in the that mentioned folder) than I can not do much I guess. 

But one thing is for sure, our program does not delete any data on it's own. This can only happen from another program or a corrupt HD.

• @jmd_webs: shoot me a PM with your zipped project folder and i take a look into it.
  • Thanks for the reply Sven.

Thanks Ozz for the help I will send it you over now.

Thanks,

Agian
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @jmd_webs - I had a similar thing happen. It was because I used dropbox and it has a hidden cache file. It then used up all my disk space on my VPS. Then GSA couldn't write to any lists and such like.

Then all data disappeared. End of story. Taught me to have backups.

I now have a daily backup. :-)
  • Cheers guys for all your help.

Sven has helped me out on this one. Think doing back up weekly now will defo be added on my lists to do from now on :)

Still an awsome product sure everyone agrees.

JD